FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Pillsbury/General Mills chocolate chip cookie dough in the tube  (Read 11847 times)

Description:

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
It reads safe, but it's so hard for me to trust something that has a PB flavor right next to it!

http://www.pillsbury.com/Products/Cookies/Refrigerated-Cookies
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Pillsbury/General Mills chocolate chip cookie dough in the tube
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »
Have you tried calling them?

My understanding is that Pillsbury labels for shared lines, but I have not called on this product.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:40:11 PM »
I don't use on a regular basis--I prefer to make mine from scratch.  BUt we have used that tube dough occasionally for years, never a problem for DS. 
USA

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
I called them and they said they take every single step to have it not come in contact with an allergen as long as the label reads safe.

2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:47:34 PM »
I use the tube dough from GM/Pillsbury many, many times. I will typically end up cooking cookies for church events. I'm human and making 12 dozen batches of cookies from scratch--I cannot sign up for. I've called Pillsbury/Smuckers/GM. DS1 has eaten many, many times without issues.

Do be aware that the refrigerated cookie dough does *not* work well for making Hammentashen. They flatten and do not hold their shape around the filling. More like thumbprint cookies. The kids were happy anyhow.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
Found my email response for Pillsbury dough:

Thank you for contacting Pillsbury concerning ingredients in our products.  As manufacturers and consumers, we understand your concern about potential allergens in the foods you eat.  Our primary goal is to provide accurate information; and we believe this is best accomplished by referring to the specific ingredients listed on each product package.  This is the most current information for your needs.

If one of our products contains any of the top 8 allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, dairy products, eggs, soy, wheat, crustaceans, and fish) or if it contains sesame, sunflower or mollusks, that ingredient is always listed in the ingredient panel, and also in bold letters just below the list of ingredients.  If a product is exposed to any of these allergens in the manufacturing facility the allergen will be listed in bold in the 'Contains Statement' just below the list of ingredients.  This list is your ingredient assurance for that package.  It is not intended for other packaging of the same product.  Ingredients may vary from one package to another due to product reformulation.  If you have allergy concerns, please read each package ingredient panel.

We hope this information helps you.  You may also want to contact the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) at 1-800-929-4040, or visit their web site at www.foodallergy.org.  Although they cannot provide specific ingredient information regarding a particular product, they are a good resource to help in the management of your allergies and sensitivities.

We appreciate your interest.  Please contact us again with any further questions or comments.
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »
They were successful and I'm being stingy with them  ;)

Only thing is after I baked them (and ate a bite or two raw, I noticed they were one day past the expiration date - oops!)

2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »
...If one of our products contains any of the top 8 allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, dairy products, eggs, soy, wheat, crustaceans, and fish) or if it contains sesame, sunflower or mollusks, that ingredient is always listed in the ingredient panel, and also in bold letters just below the list of ingredients. 

:heart: :heart: :heart: them for that. NO ONE thinks about sunflower.
The 3 is silent.