Food Banks in NJ need allergy friendly foods

Started by hezzier, November 05, 2012, 07:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

The Food Allergy & Asthma Support Group of New Jersey has put out a call for help after Hurricane Sandy.

Address of the food bank the support group is working with:
The Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, Inc.
3300 Route 66
Neptune, NJ 07753

What to send:
1. Non-perishables
2. A variety of foods for those with food allergies (focusing on the top 8 food allergens plus sesame) and intolerances such as gluten-free foods (e.g. suggestions: Sunbutter, EnjoyLife products).
3. Please label your shipping box 'Allergy Friendly'.

According to the Food Allergy & Asthma Support Group of New Jersey: "This food bank is located in the shore area of New Jersey, many of these towns have been devastated. It is heartbreaking. This food bank will distribute the food to local shelters that need it. They are working directly with the Red Cross."

hezzier

"If you would like to donate to the Monmouth Food Bank in New Jersey through Peanut Free Planet and are uncertain about which products to donate, we are offering the following option: Order a gift certificate in any denomination and we will choose appropriate staple good items to donate in your name. We are still picking up the shipping! Put "Monmouth" in the order comments and we will get an order together for you!"~Peanut Free Planet

http://www.peanutfreeplanet.com/Peanut_Free_Planet_Gift_Certificates_s/42.htm

GoingNuts

Here's one for Long Island:

Long Island Cares
Hurricane Sandy/severe food allergies
10 David's Way
Hauppauge, NY 11788-2039
631-582-FOOD
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

twinturbo

Any specifics on what they're needing? I can't put in a PFP order because my kids are allergic to too many products they sell. I also want to make sure the foods are prioritized on life-threatening need not just GFCF preference so I tend to send top 8 free but if they need somethin other than a case of Sunbutter or whatever that would be good to know, too.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview