login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Safe Gingerbread Houses  (Read 14308 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Re: Safe Gingerbread Houses
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 01:28:49 PM »
My wife just talked to the company about the Orbit Cookies Gingerbread house at Samsclub. The fondant and frosting are safe but the candy is not safe for nut allergies. The hard candy is tree nut free but not peanut free. The soft candy (gum drops) is not safe for either peanuts or tree nut allergies. If everything was safe, they would have put a nut free logo on the box.
Thank you. We've bought that one in the past and I wonder if it was unsafe then too. Luckily my dd doesn't seem to have contact reactions but I would have let them eat some of the candy if we thought it was safe.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Online YouKnowWho

Re: Safe Gingerbread Houses
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »
Has anyone heard more about NAFTA?  Again nut free logo but does that include peanuts or tree nuts?  And are they shooting sunshine at us by saying nut-free but much of the candy is cross contaminated.  I couldn't understand the last post.  Have a friend asking and not getting info from the company.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA