What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfamom

Janelle, your dinners sound so yummy!!!  I'm totally out of ideas for dinner.  Just so bored with same stuff. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Janelle205

Thanks!

Since I've stopped working, cooking is how I keep myself busy.  DH usually comes home for lunch so I make him something then, and I really like to make up new recipes for dinner.

DH's lunch today: Southwestern vegetable soup and mini turkey salad sandwiches made with the leftover rolls from last night's dinner.

Dinner tonight: Turkey nachos - step-daughter requested that I make these over the weekend, and we need a quick meal because of her soccer practice tonight.

hopechap

chicken pot pie from Amish country, salad -- greens from CSA and a last tomatoe. corn.

My goal is to get this healthier and veggier.

YouKnowWho

Chopped lamb stew (meat has become more of a flavoring for multiple veggies) for most of the family.

Vegan mushroom stew for DH.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

hopechap

GoingNuts

Wow, hopechap, I want to eat at your house this week!

Tonight is the traditional break fast dinner of bagels, lox, eggs, smoked fish and salads.

and don't forget the chocolate babka for dessert. :hiding:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

becca

That all sounds really yummy, GN! 

Have a good feast!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

momtoAidenDeclan

I hear ya Becca - my kids aren't picky but there are some things that they won't eat....my 12/ y/o really doesn't like soups  ~)

I try to make a couple of big meals and live off of them in different forms during those crazy sports weeks.
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

becca

Last night, I made a lasagna.  Had a craving.  Ds tried it and thought it was ok.  Today, he loved having some for lunch(it is always better the second day, lol).  And he asked for some tonight.  I did not want to push my luck so served the kids something esle.  We'll see if it sticks, but at least he had a couple os small servings this time. 

Woohoo!  Dd will never like it.  Just doesn't do red sauce, sauces in general, or foods mixed together. 

hopechap

huh. My son does not like lasagna either. pasta, sauce, whatza the problem? Geuss it is the mix. I ordered lasagna for his third birthday at my home and he told me after the party that he did not like the meal. Never forget him saying that to me exactly. 

Well, wrting it out helped - pulled together my chicken marbella meal. Will start planning tomorrow. 

What happened to McCobbre? Liked hearing her vegetarian fare (and everything else) And Ark gave us pictures and stirred the pot.  Are they still here?

becca

McC is here.  Just not posting in this thread.

GoingNuts

MomtoAD, it took younger son years to eat any soup other than matzoh ball or Campbell's tomato.  And my DH really doesn't like soups much either.  Me?  I could eat them 3 meals/day!

Becca, congrats on the lasagna victory.  I make a mean spinach lasagna, that was the thing that got both my kids to eat spinach.  Of course, they prefer it creamed.  Who doesn't?  ;)

GGA, I ate way too much last night.  Salad for lunch and dinner today for myself I think.  DH can have some leftovers.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

hopechap

Here is today's dinner goal:

vegetarian Minestrone
carrot curry

an odd combo -- but we need new things around here.

YouKnowWho

My kids adore soup (though last night's stew was a bomb with everyone but my MIL and the dog).  It's a good thing too because they would starve otherwise.

Lasagna they blow hot and cold on - I make a lasagna casserole they will eat but true lasagna is a gamble.

Spaghetti is always a favorite here.

My biggest issue is with DS1 and any meat that is not sausage or ground beef because he hates chewing and doesn't do it well.

Stuffed acorn squash tonight and cucumbers in vinegar.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Janelle205

Luckily, my step-daughter will eat almost anything.  She does decent with soups (doesn't love them but will eat them), and will eat nearly any vegetable (though her Mom tells me she won't - I'm guessing the approach is different).  She likes my lasagna quite a bit - though mine doesn't have a red sauce - I do a vegetarian spinach alfredo lasagna.

I should get out my cameras and start taking pictures of some of my stuff - sometimes I do a pretty good job.

Tonight:
Lazy nacho pasta - meaning I'm taking a box of hamburger helper and making it with cooked diced turkey, black beans, onions, corn, and a bit of shredded pepper jack cheese instead of hamburger - unlike YKW's DS, I hate the texture of ground meat.
Baby carrots
Yogurt
Pineapple cake

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview