What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janelle205

Tonight's dinner was ridiculously lazy but also really, really good.  DH had to eat quick and go do a server migration and install for some relatives.

Took some canned crescent rolls, put sliced cheese (pepper jack) and sliced ham and turkey on top, then rolled like normal.  Baked, then brushed with a garlic-dill compound butter.  The seasoned butter on top made them way better - DH ate 5.

Served with potato chips, oranges, and yogurt.

CMdeux

Sourdough spread with Neufchatel cheese and pineapple-apricot jam.

Well, that's what I ate.

DD had sourdough with co-jack cheese and romaine.

Topped off with water.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

ajasfolks2

I made a new version of Bolognese -- used Bon Apetit recipe.  Couldn't find my copy of 1999 Cook's Illustrated Mag where the recipe is that I really like.  Eventually I'll find the box it's in!!

I did not use veal -- used lean, high qual beef and lean, ground pork.  No pancetta as couldn't find it in freezer.   8-)
I upped the veggies, so this is a different ratio of meat:veggie.  But I do think I could have used less olive oil than recipe called for -- I'll be skimming some fat off this.

Have some fresh fettucine that I was planning to use last week, but life took over.

Will add a salad and there should be bread-machine bread.

Have committed to doing at LEAST 1 new main dish each week from my cookbook collection.
I'll need to cook until the year 2525  :o  to use all of the potential recipes!!  LOL!!

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Janelle205

Sausage gravy and biscuits because I'm a little bit country.

GoingNuts

Roast chicken, Yukom Gold potatoes, asparagus with garlic and lemon.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

GoingNuts

N.E. US

YouKnowWho

Tooling around with the menu for the week:
Philly steaks with mozzarella, peppers, onions and mushrooms.
Pioneer Woman's French Onion Soup and burgers
Chicken and taco seasoning with onions and peppers (can you tell I found a bag of peppers on sale this week)
1.5lbs of ground beef that I need to figure out something with.

Also have kale and zucchini (fresh) along with countless bags of frozen vegetative goodness

DS1 wants spaghetti and sausage for his birthday on Saturday (and no DH, I am not making spaghetti squash) along with a pineapple upside down cake (go figure, kid hates pineapple but loves pineapple upside down cake).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

GoingNuts

Salmon with mustard sauce, salad, pumpernickel toast.
N.E. US

SilverLining

We bought a huge Cottage roll because DS and DIL were supposed to be coming for dinner tonight to pick up their son.  However, they have cancelled.  Since they will be coming early tomorrow, not dinner time, I'm cooking the cottage roll anyway.

So, boiled dinner tonight.  (Might pass on giving baby the cooked cabbage...since he's staying tonight.)

becca

dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

SilverLining

It's a boneless ham that has soaked in brine. 

Corned beef works good for boiled dinner too.  Grandson was so so exhausted at dinner time.  He had been woken from his nap by the phone.  Usually he is a great eater.  But, he kept throwing the carrots on the floor, pushing the meat away, and only eating the potatoes.  Once he actually got a taste of the meat, he started pushing away the potatoes and only eating the meat. 

Janelle205

We're having corned beef here tonight, done in the crock pot.  Roasted potatoes and steamed veggies for sides.

GoingNuts

Thursday night DS cooked a big batch of pork chops, roasted potatoes and sautéed spinach.  DH was sick and not hungry, and I had eaten att work so....

Tonight I'm reheating the pork chops with sauerkraut and apples to keep hem from drying out, the potatoes and adding a salad. 

A little meat-heavy for DH and I, but sinc e DS was thoughtful enough to make dinner on a night I get home really late, I want to reinforce it.

N.E. US

becca

I split off 1/2 the chicken soup I made Friday for the kids, before adding the alphabets.  So, had that stock with mire poix and chicken, lots o' garlic too, and added farro and kale to it today.  It turned into a large batch of soup, as I added the cooking water/stock from the farro, and some more of the rotisserie chicken we had in the fridge(it was dry).  This was my lunch(I was brave to have kale after what the kale chips did to me), and will likely be dinner for dh and me.  A bit heavy on carbs for me, but the farro has a nice barley-like texture in the soup. 

I will be able to freeze some as well.

Need to figure out something the kids will eat.  They are eating starch all day between cereal at home and bagels at church.  Maybe just some simple protein with fruit and veggies.  I also have 4 small potatoes leftover. 

A clean-the-fridge meal day! 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview