What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momtoAidenDeclan

I froze the last of the soups in portions for lunches...tonight it's black bean burgers w/tomatoes, lettuce, onion, avocado and  roasted potatoes....
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

momma2boys

Swiss chicken and I made cheese danishes for dessert.  Is anyone else on Pinterest? I get tons of awesome recipes there.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

buttons

I follow some recipe boards on Pinterest.  It's getting so I can't jump on the site without getting sooooo hungry.  Recipes aside, lots of creative people with amazing food presentations too.

Janelle205

GoingNuts

Farfalle with turkey sausage, onions, peppers, fennel and reggiano.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Janelle205

Chicken tacos - thrown in the slow cooker later than I probably should have, but it came out delicious.

GoingNuts

Grandma's chicken - seasoned with paprika, salt, pepper and browned, then simmered in a little water with carrots, celery, onion and potato until chicken is falling off the bone.  Real Jewish comfort food for a nasty day.   With salad and green beans.  Bliss.
N.E. US

becca

Meatloaf(2/3 turkey, 1/3 beef)with green beans and salt potatoes.  I had roasted caulifower with my meatloaf. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Janelle205

Double crock pot dinner.  Threw a roast in one of the crock pots to make shredded Italian beef for sandwiches, and filled up another crock pot with sliced onions to do caramelized onions to add to the sandwiches.  (and then whatever else I want for the rest of the week, because caramelized onions make pretty much everything better)

For some reason, this particular roast took forever - over 12 hours of cooking until I was really able to shred it.  Good thing that dsd is at her Mom's tonight, because DH and I are having dinner after 10 tonight.  Tastes good though.

becca

Lefotvers.  Last night, I roasted a turkey breast, made mashed potatoes, butternut squash and gravy, and cranberry sauce for ds(from a can, lol).  3 of us have already enjoyed sandwiches today, and we will have leftovers for dinner tonight. 

Janelle205

Quesadillas - also known as: how to make a meal out of leftovers that are totally not enough for a real meal.

GoingNuts

Yesterday - Pollo Guisado, a kind of Puerto Rican chicken stew with potatoes, green beans.  Outstanding.

Today - Spinach Lasagna. 
N.E. US

Janelle205

Chicken breasts in a mushroomy oniony sauce, rice, mixed steamed veggies.

becca

Leftover Kale and sausage soup, roasted cauliflower and butternut squash.  Kids are having leftover homemade pizza and fresh pineapple, milk. 

becca

A very full crockpot full of chicken coconut curry.  I was going to reserve 2 chicken breast, but did the sauce ingredients first in the Vitamix and when I cubed and added the chicken, it seemed like too much sauce, and not enough chicken.  So, in went 5 breasts, and I kept one out to bake for the kids, who will not like curry.  I think I will be freezing some, lol.  I think it was over 4 pounds in the pack of chicken.  Sale pack. 

The recipe I found would totally work with veggies, if one skips the chicken, IMO.  Just not sure how soft they would get, but those who do veggie crock pot meals likely have that figured out. 

I will have mine over caulifower "rice" which is cauli shredded in the foo dprocessor and sauteed with a bit of onion, or plain, and used like rice.  Caulifower goes so well with curry.  I will make some brown rice for dh. 

Did this basic recipe, but of course, made changes and increased everything because I had over 3 pounds of chicken going in.  But I bet it can be done vegetarian with caulifower, sweet potatoes, the peas, and increase the chick peas. 

http://thelemonbowl.com/2013/05/slow-cooker-chicken-curry.html

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview