Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

I sautéed:

Shallot
Garlic
Grated carrot
Chopped Squash innards
Spinach
Seasoning: salt, pepper, Penzey's Fox Point (shallots, garlic, salt, green peppercorns)

Stirred in:
2 tbs egg whites reconstituted (could leave this out and add more cheese or other binder)
Bread crumbs (made from DH's bread :)  )
Grated cheese

Then stuffed, baked for 30 and added some more grated cheese during last five minutes.

I wish I'd added some pecans.

This is my standard recipe--based on what we have.

I had wanted to do this one, which would be very different for us (and a great low carb way to have tomato sauce), but didn't have what I needed:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/stuffed-zucchini-boats
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Janelle205

I need to do more with zucchini.  I love it, but I don't use it nearly as much as I could.  My main zucchini use is making fake 'apple' pie.

Tonight, dinner here is salads with grilled chicken, garlic bread, and mango.  DSD is ridiculously excited about the salads.  It is kind of nice that many of her favorite foods are really easy to put together.

ajasfolks2

Leftover spaghetti sauce (homemade w/turkey & gr beef -- from freezer) with thin Spag noodles, great Romaine salad, and cheater-bread (via pepp Farm "Bake at Home").  Thank heavens for leftovers.

DD put some extra sauce on a piece of the bread -- so we're going to do something like that one night with meatballs in the sauce and call it our own "Sloppy Giuseppe".  LOL!   ;D

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

twinturbo

sketti and romaine here, too. Quinoa noodles and Rao's sauce. I was scared I couldn't find it out here but Mart of Wal came through.

Macabre

Hamburgers with the safe King's Hawaiian buns I found at Target!! And Morningstar Farm patties with avocado and havarti.  And spicy sweet potato fries. 

We eat GOOD.

twinturbo

Macabre

Janelle205

We're having a big dinner tonight: Corned beef, roasted potatoes, steamed veggies, cut fresh fruit.

Macabre

This was different and very good. The pasta sauce was made of butternut squash and apples. It had a tart and sweet taste to it. The pasta was made out of butternut squash and carrots. I added edamame.

It was perfect.

ajasfolks2

Mac,

Butternut squash pasta is FABULOUS with a sage-butter-onion-white wine white sauce. 

YUMMY!

Janelle205

becca

We had sauteed chicken sausage added to jarred Light Ragu(no sugar added) over zoodles(zucchini noodles).  It was quick.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

ajasfolks2

Pan fried salmon steaks, wild rice pilaf (oh, I LOVE the Lundberg line of rice!), and broccoli.

I'd have grilled the salmon, but  ~)  somebody not I   ~)  left the grill NOT properly cleaned and winterized last November and I'm only half way through R&Ring it.  Maybe this Sunday I'll have some time to finish and do the leak checks.

Maybe leftover tomato-fresh mozz-onion-basil bruschetta if kids need more food than that.  I've been occasionally using the Pepperidge Farm "Bake at Home" line of breads.  The Semolina Loaf is kids' favorite.  I just don't have time to bake bread from scratch right now . . . maybe next fall, LOL!

(If I could just get a starter going and get the kids to help feed it . . . maybe I should add that to part of the summer cooking skills/lessons I'm going to push them on.)

becca

I have no idea what to do for dinner tonight.  I am so uninspired lately.  The kids eat so plain and I have been so tired that we did burgers 2 nights in a row this weekend(beef one night, turkey the next).  And we have had hot dogs a couple of times in the last week or two.  Going to look at the gorcery ads, now, lol. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview