FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 216910 times)

Description:

Offline hedgehog

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #570 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:38 AM »
Came to this thread fir inspiration fir tonight.  I may have found that t with that chicken dish.  The only catch is DH hates rice, and will not try it.  He does not seem to realize that all rice is not the same, and if he won't even try it, there is no convincing him.  Hmmm...maybe I should keep looking.  Too bad, it looks so good to me.
USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #571 on: October 27, 2015, 05:56:12 AM »
Last night was super-simple   - baked chicken, roasted red potatoes, steamed broccoli with garlic.

Not sure about tonight - depends on when I get home.  I have a ripe avocado, so would like to use that.  Maybe quinoa with black beans, tomato and avocado.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #572 on: October 28, 2015, 06:19:39 PM »
Pulled together at the last minute tonight:  Roasted balsamic pork tenderloin, sauteed onions and apples, baked sweet potato, spring mix salad greens, and sweet corn(for the kids).  My meal was the pork, apple saute, greens and a bit of balsamic dressing.  Dh added sweet potato.  I may use the other half with poached eggs in the morning. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #573 on: November 01, 2015, 05:25:36 PM »
Baked Chicken Fajitas on a bed of romaine, kids had theirs on corn tortillas

http://realmomkitchen.com/9318/oven-baked-chicken-fajitas/

I doubled the chicken so there would be leftovers and used 2 bell peppers instead of 1

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #574 on: November 09, 2015, 11:24:09 PM »
Tacos with chicken, rice, black beans, avocado slices and fresh cilantro.  Was a little low on the taco filling mix, so made up a quick batch of fresh guac and chips to round things out.  Pina colada jello with crushed pineapple for dessert.

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #575 on: November 10, 2015, 05:22:10 AM »
Braised short ribs.  Yum!
USA

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #576 on: November 10, 2015, 06:22:59 PM »
I've never cooked short ribs!  Recipe? 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #577 on: November 11, 2015, 05:56:32 AM »
Easy.  Dredge in seasoned flour, sear all sides.  Pour  red wine into the pan, enough to come half to two thirds up the meat.  Add whatever seasonings you like.  Last night I used mulling spices, but I sometimes use rosemary and garlic.  Cover and put in a low oven (about 225-250) for a few hours.  I also threw some mushrooms in, but it's optional.
USA

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #578 on: November 12, 2015, 05:27:46 PM »
Clean-out-the-fridge soup made with homemade noodles.  Then, it will be pumpkin pie pudding for dessert - because my attempt at a gingerbread crust failed, but the pie insides and middle of the crust worked.  We scooped out the insides and some of the crust that turned out and made pudding.  It's really delicious.

Lazy suppers on days when I have to work.  (I teach sewing lessons in the evenings, so supper has to be non-cook husband-proof or really quick.)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
« Reply #579 on: November 12, 2015, 09:59:58 PM »
I don't like pumpkin pie, but gingerbread crust sounds yummy!

I made breakfast burritos tonight.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #580 on: November 13, 2015, 07:15:38 AM »
Pumpkin pie with a gingerbread crust sounds heavenly!  Maybe I'll experiment with that this year.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #581 on: November 13, 2015, 10:43:12 AM »
Word of caution about the gingerbread crust: don't precook it, spray the pie tin (duh, how did I miss that), and cover the edges of the pie crust with foil.  That is what I should have done... and maybe checked on the pies every ten minutes to catch the crust burning before it burnt. I was distracted.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #582 on: November 13, 2015, 10:54:23 AM »
Tonight we are having tortellini soup and fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizza.  With arugula salad that can go on the pizza it on the side.  I got inspired at the grocery store today  ;D
USA

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #583 on: November 24, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »
looked interesting...we'll see what the men think:

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016158-indian-spiced-tomato-and-egg-casserole

(smells wonderful & and has two of our favorite things - cumin and cilantro)
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #584 on: November 28, 2015, 02:00:55 PM »
OK - the tomato egg casserole ^^^ was an HUGE hit....as always, there was a "where's the meat?" ~) then they had it and LOVED it!  Def. gonna be on the monthly rotation.  Recipe was spot on - I don' t usually follow them but did, b/c of the mint...I was hesitant about the mix in this so I followed it - very yummy...warmed some up the next day for b'fast, and added a fresh egg. :)
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....