What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitter patter

DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Janelle205

It's basically just a spice rub recipe - supposed to be similar to a rotisserie chicken you get in stores.

Recipe is here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/roast-sticky-chicken-rotisserie-style/detail.aspx

I've done it using the cooking method there (long cook in a low oven), but now I just always do it in the slow cooker.  It turns out moist and delicious, and if you strain the juices from the crockpot, you can make a really good gravy. 

I've halved the salt and had it turn out great.  Tonight I'm trying with only 1 teaspoon instead of four.  Oh, and instead of using two chickens like the recipe states, I use the same amount of spice rub on one large one.

pitter patter

DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Janelle205

Sticky chicken is not as good with only 1 teaspoon of salt.  It might be ok if you hadn't had the other, but we noticed a difference.  I'll stick with 2 teaspoons from now on.  It's still half the amount, but tastes just as good to us.

SweetandSour

Last night was chili, tonight is chicken and dumplings in the crockpot.

Tomorrow will be chicken tortilla soup. 
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

GoingNuts

I definitely win the dunce  :dunce: award for the week, because in figuring out my weekly menu I managed to forget that tonight was the first night of Hanukah.  :crazy:

So, I had to revise my menu for tonight - Baked chicken, salad and of course, latkes.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

momtoAidenDeclan

we love sticky chicken, here...I think that's the best crockpot, whole chicken.

Have NO idea what's for dinner the next two nights... had thru Wed. planned and I have Christmas eve and Day planned but nothing for Thurs/Fri :dunce:
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Janelle205

Mexican mac and cheese version 2.0.  It was delicious when I made it last time, but I altered the recipe to hopefully make it better.  Has chicken now, corn salsa, and more seasoning.  We'll see how it tastes tonight.

GoingNuts

Kale/veg/cannelini soup.  Spinach tortellini w/tomatoes for the menfolk.  Some leftover chicken for me.
N.E. US

GoingNuts

Broiled Maple-Dijon Salmon tails, rice pilaf, green beans sauteed w/garlic.  Salad.
N.E. US

GoingNuts

Last night DS's girlfriend came to dinner - chicken parm, spaghtetti w/garlic and oil, broccoli.

Tonight - who knows?
N.E. US

Arkadia

yesterday corn beef/reubens.

tonight:   potroast with all fat pockets removed,

this drenched in crockpot gravy (I make mine with a secret gravy):

http://www.lundberg.com/products/rice/gourmet_rice_blends/Lundberg_Wild_Blend%C2%AE.aspx

and chunky carrots and sweet onions roasted separately.
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

momtoAidenDeclan

Mexican Chicken Stew...trying to clean out leftovers and using a couple of canned good to make the stew/soup/chowder...smells yummy, we'll see...we will top with cheese and tortilla chips....we're skipping bread and salad...tho' there are onions, bell pepper, potatoes, corn and  black beans in the soup - so I don't feel too guilty about skipping making a salad. :hiding:

Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

GoingNuts

Needed to change up our fish routine tonight, so I bought some cod and broiled it with a little olive oil and Adobo seasoning until it was almost done.

Meanwhile, I made a sauce of sauteed tomatoes, garlic and a spash of vinegar.  (Would have added onion, but it was rotten inside.  Would also have added green pepper, but suddenly DS loathes them.  ~))

Took the fish out of the broiler and poached it with the tomatoes and their liquid.  Served with maduros and salad.  Quite yummy!  DS loved it.  :thumbsup:
N.E. US

becca

GN, I want to be your dinner guest!  You make a serious dinner every night!  Yum!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview