login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 216778 times)

Description:

Offline Janelle205

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #645 on: November 14, 2016, 09:31:44 PM »
Ham and bean soup.

DSD doesn't like beans.  She loves ham and bean soup.  She had two and a half bowls.  She eats almost anything though, so I'm not going to ask questions.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #646 on: November 21, 2016, 03:59:40 PM »
It's so cold and blustery here today. I'm making split pea and ham soup. Yummmmm! I love soup and have quite a few soup recipes in my rotation. I think I could live on soup most of the winter.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #647 on: November 21, 2016, 05:24:16 PM »
^^ I could too, but DH isn't as much of a fan.  :tongue:

Just defrosted leftovers from a makeshift dinner.  DS will be home tomorrow, so I made a big Crock Pot Ropa Vieja yesterday to have for tomorrow.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #648 on: November 22, 2016, 07:50:32 AM »
Never had that, GN, looks good!  I googled.

I was just thinking of making a kale, veggie, and turkey sausage soup to eat for a couple of days before the big, bad feast on Thursday.  I have a big bag of chopped kale in the fridge.  It needs to get used.  It whips up quickly in the Instant Pot. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #649 on: November 22, 2016, 09:45:20 AM »
I have a big pot of veggie soup for the day after!

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #650 on: November 22, 2016, 06:15:12 PM »
Never go to the soup today, but found a bag of Brussels sprouts that I had.  Roasted those and had a very small bit of the pasta and meatballs that I reheated for the kids.  mostly munched on sprouts. 

Offline Ciel

« Reply #651 on: November 23, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »
What would you do with a piece of chuck steak? I have no idea what to do with it.

I have mushrooms and broccoli to go with it, may pick up a couple of potatoes. But I have no idea how to cook the steak. I was planning on using my Instant Pot.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #652 on: November 23, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »
No suggestions Ciel.  I would cook it low and slow, like a stew maybe? 

Becca, I got some halved brussels sprouts the other day and roasted them.  They came out the best I've ever made.  I have no idea why, b/c I do the same thing every time.  Gawrsh, I just love them.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #653 on: December 06, 2016, 03:36:00 PM »
Stuffed peppers because I am super lazy tonight.  But I did make DS some with the baby sweet peppers instead of full size bell peppers.  Those are cute.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #654 on: December 08, 2016, 12:57:12 PM »
Currently on the fourth thing that I have made in a crock pot this week.  Tonight will be broccoli cheese soup - will have to pick up a loaf of bread from the bakery after I get DSD from school to go with it.

Stuffed peppers from Tuesday were in one of my slow cookers, and a Mexican chicken and rice casserole in a slow cooker last night.  I made tamari and sesame glazed chicken drumsticks in a slow cooker for DH's work lunch yesterday, though that slow cooker is out of commission at least until we can try and clean the inside.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #655 on: December 08, 2016, 03:31:16 PM »
Mmm, broccoli cheese soup. Yum. We're having pasta e fagioli. Not sure if I spelled that right.

Offline krasota

« Reply #656 on: December 30, 2016, 09:58:59 PM »
Sick since Christmas and haven't been able to feed myself.  I've been craving tomatillo soup with grilled cheese something awful.  Today I needed to grab the last few meds before the deductible resets--notably DD's epi-pens, which all expire in February.  So I washed my face, washed my hands, put on a neck buff, dipped myself in sanitizer, and went out to buy fresh tomatillos.  No basil was to be had, so I settled for the dried I have at home.  But after roasting them and making it, I'm very satisfied.

I'll have to try it in my new Instant pot, but today I just did my usual method of roasting in my cast iron skillet, adding to a pan of sauteed onions and garlic, then cooking down more, adding broth, herbs, blend.  Stirred in creme fraiche and all is well.  And yeah, I had my grilled cheese with it.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #657 on: January 03, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »
Sounds yummy!  I hope that you are finally feeling better, K. 

Offline MaryM

« Reply #658 on: January 03, 2017, 07:09:13 AM »
Sounds yummy, krasota!

Since I am going to be cooking some meals to send to my mom with DH, we will have lots of food on hand for dinners this week and maybe next.  I must remember to buy some containers to freeze stuff in.

I am making Roman Style Chicken (chicken, peppers, prosciutto, oregano, thyme, tomatoes, chicken broth and white wine), Beef stew, meat sauce, and meatloaf.  I may make another chicken dish too....

Offline MaryM

« Reply #659 on: January 09, 2017, 04:57:28 PM »
I finally made latkes.  I was supposed to do it over break.  So nothing healthy tonight bc we are having chicken cutlets too....it will be yummy.