What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

Quote from: Macabre on August 19, 2019, 11:34:02 PM
Pizza—the crust made from flour, baking powder, and Greek yogurt (plus salt and garlic powder). 

Sounds like Naan bread.  Yummy, jealous!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hezzier

Made this last night...it could have used a little more flavor, but I was short by a 1/4 or so on a few of my ingredients...I obviously didn't check to see how much of them I had, only knew that I had them all.  I would make it again.  Kids had it over rice, I just had beef and broccoli.  Will make steak quesadillas for the kids with the leftover steak tonight.  I'm not a huge fan of leftover roasted broccoli so only made enough for one night.

https://www.averiecooks.com/15-minute-sheet-pan-beef-broccoli/#

becca

Hezz, just seeing this now...did the beef cook up to be tender?  25 minutes seems long for flank steak.  I'm so fussy about overdone or chewy steak.  It looks good overall.  I'd try it without sugar, or try truvia.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hezzier

The steak pieces were well done so might not the best choice for you.

Janelle205

Just started the slow cooker with corned beef, so we'll be celebraing the Mc in our last name tomorrow.  I'll do roasted potatoes and...asparagus.  Cabbage might be a better match, but I got the asparagus (which is remarkably good for November) for 50 cents a bunch, so that's where we are going.

If I feel like it, I have an idea for a new pie recipe (experiement from my brain) which would be nice.

MaryM

I defrosted a steak but have no desire to cook. 

GoingNuts

Refried beans, diced tomatoes/onions, some leftover grilled chicken and cheese on tortillas. Lazy dinner.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

BensMom

Last night we had butternut quinoa casserole which I'm pretty sure I posted somewhere here a few years ago. Instead of using sage, I just used a little basil and liked it a lot more. Maybe I'll make it more often now, but butternut squash just seems like a fall thing, so I basically make it once a year in the fall.

Tonight it leftovers from Sunday and Monday.

Janelle205

Used some of the leftover corned beef to make corned beef and egg homemade crunchwraps.

Janelle205

It's a taco bell thing.  Taco fillings and a crispy corn tortilla with a flour tortilla wrapped around it (into like a hexagon shape or something similar) and then grilled.

Janelle205

Tonight, grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Going to have to start cutting DH off when he gets to be a little less on edge - he had 4 sandwiches and two bowls of soup.  DS really liked the soup, which is good, because I have just enough leftover for a DS sized serving.

Tomorrow, spinach & cheese calzones.

Tomorrow for me (I eat dinner super late) and Thursday's dinner - shredded beef pot roast.  Likely on a sandwich for me but with mashed potatoes, gravy and some veggie for everyone else.  My recipe slow cooks forever in an older crock pot (which cooks at a safe, but lower temp) and I just started it.

hezzier

I think my kids will be having grilled cheese and tomato soup as well for dinner.  I don't care what I eat, but I need to keep it healthy.  Will have to wait and see what appeals to DH.

MaryM

I wanted to make Mongolian beef but my grocery store did not have a nice piece of sirloin.  I ended up buying ground meat and made meatballs.  Homemade bread is in the oven!  Will probably make some garlic bread with it for DD.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview