FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 208099 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #660 on: January 09, 2017, 08:18:44 PM »
Baked chicken, sweet potatoes, zucchini.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #661 on: January 10, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »
Ugh everything is just seeming the same. I thought about chicken paprikash, but we had Hungarian stew a week or so ago and it's basically the same thing, only with beef. I was going to make a recipe with chicken in a sun-dried tomato cream sauce with pasta, but it's too similar to a sausage and pasta dish with a tomato cream sauce I'm making tonight. Maybe Mexican barley bake (barley, black beans, chili tomatoes, cheese) but we just had turkey chili. So tonight is the sausage/pasta dish and tomorrow I'll make sweet and sour chicken and I need 2 more ideas for Thursday and Friday. We also had the squash/quinoa dish GN posted (which I think I may have found separately on my own but it's the same one she posted.)

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #662 on: January 10, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »
can you bake some chicken breasts (salt/pepper/olive oil and herbs de provance - or rosemary and garlic)  and diced sweet potatoes (salt pepper and olive oil) - on cookie sheets in oven at the same time

make homemade ranch dressing - see pioneer woman

have salad with diced chicken and sweet potatoes and homemade ranch - it's GOOD!
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #663 on: January 11, 2017, 04:07:59 AM »
Feeling like Bensmom above.

Came to this thread for some inspiration.

Struggling to feed a family with widely ranging needs -- 2 kids are carnivores and swimmers and eat a ton of meat.
DH not eating as much as he once did.  And I'd like to remove meat almost entirely from my diet. 

And I'm tired of my cooking.

And I'm tired of cooking.

Sh**.  I should have found the "WHAT'S Your WHINE?" thread instead.

I'll shut up and read now.

:coffee:

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #664 on: January 11, 2017, 05:41:45 AM »
 :rofl:
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #665 on: January 11, 2017, 12:12:24 PM »
can you bake some chicken breasts (salt/pepper/olive oil and herbs de provance - or rosemary and garlic)  and diced sweet potatoes (salt pepper and olive oil) - on cookie sheets in oven at the same time

make homemade ranch dressing - see pioneer woman

have salad with diced chicken and sweet potatoes and homemade ranch - it's GOOD!

I do a similar thing in the summer--grilled chicken and sweet potatoes. I could try it in the winter in the oven. I've got the sweet and sour chicken for tonight and DS suggested a chicken/bulgar wheat/apricot/chickpea recipe I have for tomorrow. I'll figure Friday out on Friday. Sometimes I just get a rotisserie chicken, but that would be 3 nights of chicken. Maybe there will be enough leftovers, but I doubt it.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #666 on: January 12, 2017, 12:52:47 AM »
We had broccoli cheese soup (because I'm sick and relatively easy in the slow cooker).  Just picked up a loaf of roasted garlic bread from the grocery and had fresh fruit with it.

DS is a huge fan of bread dipped in soup, but for some reason, tonight was all about putting blueberries in his soup and then scooping them up with a spoon and eating them. I tried to get him to try the pear slices, because of the two, pear and cheese soup made more sense in my head, but he was not having that at all.  I am pretty sure that every blueberry that he ate tonight was dipped in soup, save maybe one or two.

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #667 on: January 12, 2017, 06:40:02 AM »
Blueberry actually pairs nicely with savory, so blueberry with broccoli/cheese might be pretty good. Certainly your DS thinks so.
USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #668 on: January 12, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »
Blueberry actually pairs nicely with savory, so blueberry with broccoli/cheese might be pretty good. Certainly your DS thinks so.

Glad to hear it because DH and DS had Taco Bell (plus fruit from home) for dinner, because I'm sick, and DS added blueberries to his cheesy fiesta potatoes.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #669 on: January 30, 2017, 07:51:20 AM »
I made beef stew last night, which I haven't made in a long time and never had a good recipe for. I have a good recipe for pepper steak and a good one for Hungarian stew, but not plain old run of the mill beef stew. Now I do!

I just googled and used the first one that came up and it was simple and perfect.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14685/slow-cooker-beef-stew-i/

The only thing I did differently was that instead of using just beef broth, I used some beef broth and some red wine. It was so easy.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #670 on: January 30, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »
That does look good.  Did you use a slow cooker, or did you cook it conventionally?
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #671 on: January 30, 2017, 11:13:56 AM »
Slow cooker. I think it says to cook for 12 hours, but I would never get it in that early. I think I did about 4 hours on low, then 3 on high, then another 2 on low. I served it over egg noodles with peas.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #672 on: February 06, 2017, 04:05:59 PM »
Corned beef, avocado and caramelized onion crustless quiche.  I'd normally use bacon, but I had a small piece of corned beef left over that wasn't really enough to do anything with, and google suggests that corned beef and avocado isn't an unheard of combo.

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #673 on: February 06, 2017, 04:45:32 PM »
Well, ham goes with avocado, and corned beef is very close to ham in flavor, the bigger difference being texture, and, obviously which animal it comes from.
USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #674 on: February 06, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
Leftover buffalo chicken breasts over salad.

Tomorrow night - meatballs with spaghetti squash.
N.E. US