FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 207692 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #795 on: March 01, 2019, 12:24:38 PM »
DH left, I am seriously unmotivated to cook...I am not setting a good example for my kids.

Going to the store to buy a beef roast and force myself to cook.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #796 on: March 11, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »
Attempting stroganoff, except a Mexican-ish chicken version, served over rice. 

We'll see.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #797 on: March 11, 2019, 04:37:54 PM »
Chicken parm, bakes potato, green beans.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #798 on: March 11, 2019, 04:47:07 PM »
I made "Sunny Chicken" recipe from the Parade Magazine section of the paper yesterday. It's tumeric chicken and you cook it in a pot with rice. It calls for a whole cut up chicken, which never really seems to turn out right for me. It was ok. I'm not a huge tumeric fan, but don't hate it and figured this would be something different, and it was. The recipe calls for allspice, which I hate, so I left it out. The chicken didn't really have any flavor, but if you cut it up small and just mixed it with the rice, it was ok. Made fresh green beans, so the bright yellow rice and the green beans made a pretty meal. I'm not sure anyone is really going to want the leftover chicken though. I might cut some of it up for chicken salad, or I might kind of shred it for lentils and chicken I'm making later in the week. I've discovered I really like lentils and need to find more ways to make them.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #799 on: March 12, 2019, 01:46:30 AM »
Made up stroganoff went well, though I think I need to thicken it just a bit more next time.  DS ate a TON of it. 

BensMom, I made a salad one year for Thanksgiving that had roasted butternut squash and lentils.  I couldn't eat it, but it was pretty popular.  I'll see if I can find the recipe.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #800 on: March 12, 2019, 05:53:32 AM »
Ooooh, I'd love to see that.  I seem to no longer be allergic to lentils, and am really enjoying them again.  :thumbsup:
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #801 on: April 09, 2019, 07:07:01 PM »
A relleno. At work. And Diet Coke, because I need to wake up.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline BensMom

« Reply #802 on: June 02, 2019, 06:55:39 AM »
I'm already tired of "summer" cooking. I do much better with chilis, stews, soups, etc. I don't know what to make for dinner this week and it's much better if I plan my whole week's dinners on Sunday. Otherwise "what to have for dinner" occupies way too much space in my brain.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #803 on: June 02, 2019, 02:09:57 PM »
Tonight it’s grilled portobellos and salad.
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #804 on: June 02, 2019, 06:24:02 PM »
I try to find more meatless meals, but I'm not a mushroom fan. There are lots of things I'm not a fan of actually.  :hiding:

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #805 on: June 28, 2019, 08:28:54 PM »
Tonight I had popcorn with garlic butter and a spiked iced latte. Just because I didn't feel like cooking what I had available, and didn't feel like going anywhere, either the grocery store or o pick up take out.
USA

Offline BensMom

« Reply #806 on: June 29, 2019, 08:02:03 AM »
Sounds good!

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #807 on: June 30, 2019, 06:32:27 PM »
I love popcorn with extra seasoning.

Today at camp is spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, salad and rice krispie treats.

Dinner for Janelle is leftover Qdoba and I am so excited about that.  This is the first meal that I haven't made for myself since I left home five weeks ago.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #808 on: August 19, 2019, 11:34:02 PM »
Pizza—the crust made from flour, baking powder, and Greek yogurt (plus salt and garlic powder). 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #809 on: August 21, 2019, 09:46:26 AM »
We have 2 grandkids staying with us. We suggested pizza for their last night (tonight). They decided pizza party...which means eating pizza while watching a movie. They chose Harry Potter 3 because “the girl blows up” and laughed.

I asked what toppings they wanted.....pickles. What the heck?

I decided we’d have watermelon pizza for desert. Went to buy a watermelon and dgs starts crying. Finally get him to talk and he says he wanted real pizza, not watermelon for dinner. Explained the watermelon pizza is for desert. He says “well, that’s OK then”. Lol

It’s the Shepherd’s pie all over again.