imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 207706 times)

Description:

Offline Janelle205

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #945 on: May 08, 2020, 10:28:53 PM »
More mashed potato pulled pork sundaes, because that is apparently the up and coming meal of the season in our house.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #946 on: May 09, 2020, 07:40:59 AM »
Stuffed cabbage, rice. Salad.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #947 on: May 10, 2020, 07:01:37 AM »
For lunch today I am having hotdogs. In buns.

I was googling how to make hotdog buns. I’ve tried before but never get the shape right. A few recipes say to roll the pieces 6”x4”, then roll up, put them close together so they raise UP instead of out. Since I love my hotdogs, I figured I’d use that recipe. I was up til 11 waiting for them to cool. (I always forget how long this recipe takes, lol.)

They look great. I cut the slits in the top instead of the side....never thought of that before either.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #948 on: May 10, 2020, 07:23:39 AM »
Last night we switched to black beans, rice and salad. Tonight we are BBQing hot dogs, which is just an excuse for my sauerkraut fix, lol.
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #949 on: May 10, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »
More mashed potato pulled pork sundaes, because that is apparently the up and coming meal of the season in our house.

We're having pulled pork and potatoes too (probably roasted, not mashed.) What are pulled pork sundaes?

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #950 on: May 12, 2020, 12:06:12 AM »
For lunch today I am having hotdogs. In buns.

I was googling how to make hotdog buns. I’ve tried before but never get the shape right. A few recipes say to roll the pieces 6”x4”, then roll up, put them close together so they raise UP instead of out. Since I love my hotdogs, I figured I’d use that recipe. I was up til 11 waiting for them to cool. (I always forget how long this recipe takes, lol.)

They look great. I cut the slits in the top instead of the side....never thought of that before either.

Congratus, SL!!! That's such a huge win. I'm really happy for you!

King's Hawaiian hot dog buns have a slit on top. They are the only safe ones I know to buy here, but we have't had hot dogs in a few years.

I hope this gives you some more options now. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #951 on: May 12, 2020, 12:08:50 AM »
Tonight large spargel (asparagus), roasted golden beets, leeks, and shitake mushrooms braised in a veggie bouillon, served with two eggs overeasy on top. I used Penzey's Parisienne and some coursely ground pepper and salt. It was really, really good.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #952 on: May 12, 2020, 12:16:42 AM »

We're having pulled pork and potatoes too (probably roasted, not mashed.) What are pulled pork sundaes?

Mashed potatoes on the bottom as the ice cream.  Top with pulled pork, BBQ sauce, corn as sprinkles and then a cherry tomato.

Tonight we had chicken drumsticks, egg noodles, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and blackberries and raspberries.  I convinced DS to finish the last of the veggies with his orange sherbet for dessert and he thought that it was a great combination.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #953 on: May 12, 2020, 08:47:29 AM »
Last night DH and I ordered wings and fries.  Unhealthy but SO yummy.  DS has eaten safely at this pub but I wasn’t comfortable doing take out for him.  He was perfectly happy eating the frozen. Mozzarella sticks we’d just gotten and DD is always thrilled to eat junky cereal - so basically, everyone was happy.

Today I am going to use my new sous vide cooker.  I plan to marinade boneless chicken breasts in fresh squeezed orange juice, olive oil, garlic, ginger & rosemary.  I may make one packet w/o the rosemary and with a touch of sugar and soy sauce. DS & DH don’t hate Rosemary but they don’t love it.  I’ll make roasted potatoes and broccoli as sides.  I’m excited!!

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #954 on: May 12, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »
I have no idea what this gadget does, but I can’t wait to hear more about it. And I love your marinade combo.

I’m undecided for tonight. Heading to the market in a few - we’ll see what’s available. There’s always pasta.

Last night I made a sort of southwest lasagna - I had some leftover black beans, 3 tortillas, some cherry tomatoes and some cheddar cheese. I just layered it up and baked it. Delish.
N.E. US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #955 on: May 15, 2020, 05:31:12 PM »
Sweet potato chick pea coconut curry.  We’ll see - I don’t think DH is going to like it.
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #956 on: May 15, 2020, 06:55:42 PM »
Two of the things i hate most in this world--coconut and curry  ;)

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #957 on: May 15, 2020, 07:00:31 PM »
Spaghetti with roasted tomatoes, garlic, basil, and goat cheese.  Broccolini with garlic, lemon, and parmasan.
USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #958 on: May 15, 2020, 07:18:36 PM »
Two of the things i hate most in this world--coconut and curry  ;)
:rofl:

HH, I like your dinner better!
N.E. US

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #959 on: May 19, 2020, 10:57:42 PM »
Egg McMuffins, tropical fruit salad, cinnamon rolls.