What's for Dinner?

Started by AdminCM, August 18, 2011, 10:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoingNuts

Leftover chicken, with roasted cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

GoingNuts

Need to keep this going for some new ideas.

Broiled salmon with mustard sauce, roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli.
N.E. US

becca

I had chicken leg quarters, pasture raised, that I did in the air fryer.  They were very good.  Dh had leftover German potato salad that I made for him on Saturday.  I had some leftover green beans.  Ds is no longer a fan of much animal protein if whole, vs ground, so chose to make himself frozen Elios pizza.  🤷🏻‍♀️
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hedgehog

Did those chicken legs come from where I think they did?
USA

GoingNuts

Last night was pasta salad with leftover grilled chicken breast and fresh mozzarella. Not sure about tonight.
N.E. US

becca

Quote from: hedgehog on July 07, 2020, 07:54:26 AM
Did those chicken legs come from where I think they did?

Yep!  So much leaner and flavorful than conventional.  But, not as forgiving of over cooking.  I'm finding I've got to watch the pastured meats and poultry for that, because they are not fattened up rapidly like regular factory farmed animals.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

GoingNuts

Last night - broiled Arctic char, salad, rice.

Tonight- Chicken pieces  (chicken again!), zucchini, maybe noodles?  Don't want to go to another store, and the one I went to yesterday had crap produce, including sprouted potatoes. I'll come up with something.
N.E. US

BensMom

GoingNuts

N.E. US

BensMom

Hmm, the flavors sound good, but I don't like thighs and I feel like chicken breasts in the oven always come out rubbery somehow. I'm thinking of how to adapt it to the instant pot or just all on the stovetop. Dd doesn't love olives, but I made something recently with chopped olives on the side and she was adding some. Wish I could remember what it was.

BensMom

This is a good method for making baked chicken nuggets that are actually crispy. The flavor is bland, so I adapt it. I use butter instead of oil to moisten the breadcrumbs and I add a bunch of parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs also along with whatever spices I feel like adding. Tonight I also added a little sriracha to the yogurt to give it a little kick. I've tried chicken nuggets different ways and this method really works. Crispy outside and tender inside.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/homemade-baked-chicken-nuggets/

GoingNuts

Those look really good. I'll have to try that.
N.E. US

Janelle205

Today was grocery pickup, and I try to do something lazy because it takes forever to put all of the things away.  Should have put a rotisserie chicken on the order, but I didn't...

So, grilled cheese, salt & pepper kettle chips, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and grape tomatoes.

Janelle205

Italian beef sandwiches, potato chips, corn on the cob, deviled eggs, strawberries and blueberries.

Janelle205

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview