imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What worcestershire sauce do you use?  (Read 1511 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

What worcestershire sauce do you use?
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »
Back when we were avoiding fish (when the kids were little) we found Angostura which is fish free, and have been using it ever since. Well it's apparently no longer available-I had to buy the last 2 bottles online and now it's harder to find (or impossible). So I guess I have to go with a brand available at the store. I can't say for sure if any of mine are allergic to anchovy since they honestly have never had any reason to try it but none of them are allergic to fish or shellfish so far.

Or is there a substitute, like a homemade recipe or something, for worcestershire sauce?
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SweetandSour

Re: What worcestershire sauce do you use?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:50 PM »
We use Frenches. Never had an issue.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 10:47:40 PM »
My PA son is vegetarian, and Kroger's brand has been anchovy-free.  I haven't bought it in a year or so and haven't checked, but they used to be free of fish. (I am shellfish allergic, too.)
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 02:21:03 AM »
Thanks. do you avoid tree nut also? We don't have a Kroger here but there's one close enough that I could go often enough for worcerstershire sauce. I go once in a while for a few other things that I can't find around here.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA