Bread - nut safe

Started by brownie, November 20, 2012, 08:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshsmom

Sliver lining-can you share your bun recipe please?

Princess Cheese

The Great Value white bread reads safe in my location.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

iansmom

Has anyone here tried Sara Lee breads? I'm seeing them in our grocery stores now in place of Wonder. We're going on vacation in a week, and I'd like to have something to use on our trip. The statement on their website doesn't make me feel completely comfortable:

"What is your guidance on allergenic ingredients for highly sensitive people?

We assure you that we adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices as established by the FDA. We take abundant precaution to prevent cross-contact of allergenic ingredients between batches, and our bakeries are inspected to ensure that they meet or exceed all regulatory and baking industry standards. We understand that highly sensitive consumers need to know when there is even the remotest possibility of inadvertent cross-contact of allergenic ingredients during processing. To that end we disclose that the following allergenic ingredients are used in some of our manufacturing facilities and that inadvertent cross-contact is remotely possible: milk, eggs, soy, almonds, walnuts, peanuts and hazelnuts (filberts). Wheat is used in all of our facilities and all of our products as an ingredient. Please refer to ingredient labels on our products for full disclosure of the ingredients used in that product."

Iansmom
DS PA/TNA

twinturbo

Jessica

Quote from: iansmom on December 22, 2012, 02:55:22 PM
Has anyone here tried Sara Lee breads? I'm seeing them in our grocery stores now in place of Wonder. We're going on vacation in a week, and I'd like to have something to use on our trip. The statement on their website doesn't make me feel completely comfortable:

"What is your guidance on allergenic ingredients for highly sensitive people?

We assure you that we adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices as established by the FDA. We take abundant precaution to prevent cross-contact of allergenic ingredients between batches, and our bakeries are inspected to ensure that they meet or exceed all regulatory and baking industry standards. We understand that highly sensitive consumers need to know when there is even the remotest possibility of inadvertent cross-contact of allergenic ingredients during processing. To that end we disclose that the following allergenic ingredients are used in some of our manufacturing facilities and that inadvertent cross-contact is remotely possible: milk, eggs, soy, almonds, walnuts, peanuts and hazelnuts (filberts). Wheat is used in all of our facilities and all of our products as an ingredient. Please refer to ingredient labels on our products for full disclosure of the ingredients used in that product."

Iansmom
DS PA/TNA

I thought Sara Lee breads were owned by Bimbo bakeries now? I think the general consensus was not to trust them. There was  a recent thread about this. If I can find it, I'll bump it.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Jessica

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

brownie

Yea!  Schwoebels is safe!  They manufacture in Ohio.  I don't know how large their distribution area is, but I called and they were wonderful and understanding.  They sell some kind of dinner roll made at another company's facility but their loaf bread is in a nut and peanut free facility!  woohoo!  and much better than Wonder.  Brownie
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview