FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Pistachio pudding-jello brand  (Read 21776 times)

Description:

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Pistachio pudding-jello brand
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
I think the concern was with mfg. cross contamination - the boxes being next to eachother probably brought the possibility to mind.

They've been recalled over the years, too-- so it's VERY likely that they share a manufacturing line.  I'll also add, here, that our personal experience suggests that ANYTHING "JELLO" brand probably shares a packaging line...

because my DD has very consistently reacted to even very small amounts of Jello-- not even the pudding (which she's never had, to be clear)-- even jello-jello..   This is an N, here, of at least seven or eight, and some of those reactions have been grade III or more, and to a single bite of something.

She is very definitely NOT allergic to food colorings or gelatin, but she is highly allergic to pistachio and cashew.    So I think that for someone with a known pistachio allergy, severe rxn hx, and a demonstrably low threshold, this is probably a somewhat valid concern.  It's why we don't use anything in the Jello line. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:53:35 AM by CMdeux »
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »
The damn pudding was out of date when I went to make my pie! I made homemade in the microwave! So simple! It was amazing! I will never buy pudding mix again. Let me know if you want the recipe!

Offline Jessica

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 11:52:38 PM »
Let me know if you want the recipe!
I do!
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »
Ok here is recipe: my kids love it!
Hasty Chocolate Pudding
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbl cornstarch
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla
-in microwave safe bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa & cornstarch. Whisk milk in a little at a time so mixture doesn't have any lumps.

-place in microwave, cook for 3 minutes on high. Stir, then cook at 1 min intervals, stirring between cooking times for 2-4 minutes or until shinny and thick. Stir in vanilla.

-place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Place in refrigerator. Serve cold.
Found on Yummly.

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 12:14:06 AM »
I can only find rice  pudding Kozy Shack in my Walmart! :(  no chocolate! :(
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline Jessica

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 03:18:59 AM »
They only have rice and tapioca here (along with the sugar free kind, but we avoid artificial sweeteners).
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA