Pistachio pudding-jello brand

Started by joshsmom, November 20, 2012, 08:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMdeux

Quote from: rebekahc on November 20, 2012, 08:41:48 PM
I think the concern was with mfg. cross contamination - the boxes being next to eachother probably brought the possibility to mind.

They've been recalled over the years, too-- so it's VERY likely that they share a manufacturing line.  I'll also add, here, that our personal experience suggests that ANYTHING "JELLO" brand probably shares a packaging line...

because my DD has very consistently reacted to even very small amounts of Jello-- not even the pudding (which she's never had, to be clear)-- even jello-jello..   This is an N, here, of at least seven or eight, and some of those reactions have been grade III or more, and to a single bite of something.

She is very definitely NOT allergic to food colorings or gelatin, but she is highly allergic to pistachio and cashew.    So I think that for someone with a known pistachio allergy, severe rxn hx, and a demonstrably low threshold, this is probably a somewhat valid concern.  It's why we don't use anything in the Jello line. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

joshsmom

The damn pudding was out of date when I went to make my pie! I made homemade in the microwave! So simple! It was amazing! I will never buy pudding mix again. Let me know if you want the recipe!

Jessica

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

joshsmom

Ok here is recipe: my kids love it!
Hasty Chocolate Pudding
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbl cornstarch
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla
-in microwave safe bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa & cornstarch. Whisk milk in a little at a time so mixture doesn't have any lumps.

-place in microwave, cook for 3 minutes on high. Stir, then cook at 1 min intervals, stirring between cooking times for 2-4 minutes or until shinny and thick. Stir in vanilla.

-place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Place in refrigerator. Serve cold.
Found on Yummly.

Princess Cheese

I can only find rice  pudding Kozy Shack in my Walmart! :(  no chocolate! :(
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Jessica

They only have rice and tapioca here (along with the sugar free kind, but we avoid artificial sweeteners).
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview