Question on Epi-pens

Started by Penny, November 18, 2012, 06:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny

My NP is writing a prescription for me for a new epi-pen but has asked how many I need. My last epi, now seriously out of date, was a pack of two.  If the prescription is written for 'one' epi, do I then only get one or do all epis come in a two-pack? 

thanks.

yelloww

You get a single, I believe. My rx's have always said "Epi-pen two pack".

momma2boys

They come in single and two packs. Find out what your ins. will cover first. Some will cover two or four for the same copay as one.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Janelle205

I could be wrong about this, but I think that they may have discontinued the single pack a while ago - not positive, but I feel like I saw a news story about it.

momma2boys

I haven't heard that, but even if they did, I work in a pharmacy and we are still getting them delivered every week, so they are still in supply.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

SilverLining

epi-Q should be coming out this month.  Haven't heard a date yet.

Penny

Quote from: momma2boys on November 18, 2012, 08:47:17 PM
They come in single and two packs. Find out what your ins. will cover first. Some will cover two or four for the same copay as one.

:rant:

My insurance doesn't cover a thing until I've met my annual $3K deductible...so this is all out of pocket.  But in less than a month I will have the great pleasure of telling the insurance company where they can stuff their premiums!!! Come to think of it - I do believe I've just paid my last premium.   :evil: ;D

Guess I'll just ask for one.  I hadn't renewed my prescription as I had a negative skin test about three years ago, then had a reaction a year ago. 

A friend is allergic to pine nuts.  I nagged her over the years about carrying epi but she didn't think she needed to.  Found out that she had a near fatal reaction in September while out on a boat.  Now she carries epi and I have to practice what I preach.   I'm hoping she and/or her daughter will become members here (her daughter is allergic to soy)

Thanks for the replies.  Much appreciated. 

Mfamom

why not just ask the doctor to call in a twin pack?  that way you get 2 and will be less expensive than filling 2 single ones.
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Penny

I have the prescription form already.  No number filled in next to the #

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview