Guittard Chocolate Chips

Started by pitter patter, December 02, 2012, 04:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitter patter

Anyone with TNA trust Guittard?  I found chocolate, butterscotch, mint, and white chips at Winco the other day.  The label reads safe and the website indicates almonds at the facility but in a separate room, packaged separately. 
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

CMdeux

YES.

We've used all varieties for many years here-- and we very definitely have walnut, cashew and pistachio allergies, and probably almond.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

pitter patter

DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
USA

nameless

...the packages I found here of Guittard (so happy I can find them!!!) has "Made in a peanut and wheat free facility" on the front of the package :)

I trust them too - the almond thing, though I'm allergic, they are up front about when you call. "Same facility" can sometimes mean "in a large open room with lots of conveyer belts" but Guittard has them in a separate room which great detail and makes them safe for me!

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Macabre

The butterscotch and the white chips are the bestest ever.  I love to make a butterscotch oatmeal pecan cookie (PF pecans), but it'd be amazing without the pecans, too.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

CMdeux

Yup-- we make butterscotch-oatmeal here, and they are amazing.   :heart:  (Though I bet they'd be good with pecans, too.  ;) )

Western U.S.

pitter patter

Would one of you share your recipe?  I was wondering what to make with those butterscotch chips.  DD has asked for homemade chocolate ice cream with the mint chips mixed in....So I know what to do with a mint chips.
USA

becca

We use a very good butterscotch cookie recipe right on the bag of the Guittard chips.  It is a butter cookies and no oats.  Though I use oats in another recipe as well. 

For oatmeal scotchies, I use the "vanishing oatmeal cookie" recipe on the box of Quaker oats.  I reduce the cinnamon to just a dash or two, and omit the raisins.  Use a whole bag of butterscotch chips. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

CMdeux

Yeah-- just a standard oatmeal raisin recipe, but substitute any regular sugar with brown sugar (actually, reducing the sweetness a bit isn't a bad idea because of the sweetness of the chips), reduce the spices and omit any add-ins like nuts/raisins.  I like a hint more vanilla in mine, too, but I love vanilla.

Western U.S.

Macabre

Quote from: pitter patter on December 06, 2012, 08:30:57 AM
Would one of you share your recipe?  I was wondering what to make with those butterscotch chips.  DD has asked for homemade chocolate ice cream with the mint chips mixed in....So I know what to do with a mint chips.

I make a chocolate cookie and use the mint chips every Christmas.  DS and DH love them. Even I like them a bit (I don't like chocolate).
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview