login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Tree Nut/Peanut FREE body washes  (Read 13451 times)

Description:

xyentruocx

Tree Nut/Peanut FREE body washes
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:00:57 PM »
Hello everyone

I'm looking for recommendations of soaps/body washes that are peanut/tree nut free. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with a possible peanut/tree nut allergy and have since erred on the side of caution with everything. The body wash I've been using has been discontinued and unfortunately my last bottle of it is running out.

Thanks in advance!

Offline SweetandSour

Re: Tree Nut/Peanut FREE body washes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 05:43:09 PM »
I had this problem too. I use anything that reads safe by Suave. I love the scents they have.  I've never had any issues.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

xyentruocx

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »
Is there a particular scent you use? Do you (or does anyone else) have experience using Dove Sensitive Skin body wash?  I've read in some other forums (on old threads - like, 6 yrs old!) that the Dove Sensitive Skin formula contained almond oil, but I don't see that listed on the current bottle I bought ~ just nervous about it.

Thanks!

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 09:12:24 PM »
I know that Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap used to contain almond oil. It doesn't anymore.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »
I use the Cherry Blossom.I use the Ivory Bar soap to wash my face, but it has coconut oil. I don't know if you avoid that or not.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline SkyScorcher

• let them eat pi
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »
I use liquid Ivory body wash-- it's safe if you're PA/TNA/EA/aloe-allergic. ;)
Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy.

Der Regenbogenfisch kannst dir jetzt nicht hilfst!

Peanut, treenut (except hazelnuts), egg.

Western US

Offline cashew

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »
Just curious, why avoid aloe?

Also, I've been wondering, is Palmitic Acid actually peanut oil?  I've seen that posted on this board before but haven't been able to confirm it in independent research.  I'm asking because Dove body wash (which I've always used before) now seems to be including palmitic acid as an ingredient in its newer formula and I'm wondering if I should not buy it? 

Anyone else PA and recently using Dove body wash?

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »
I'm guessing the reason to avoid aloe would be if one was allergic to it.  In Sky's post she mentioned peanut, tree nut, egg and aloe allergies.

Palmitic Acid can be found in many plant and animal sources, but it's most commonly from palm products.  Can you point me to where you read about palmitic acid here? Never mind, I found it and added an Admin edit for clarification.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:40:37 AM by rebekahc »
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Mayashappyplace

• Commercial Member
  • I am a Freelance Writer and Blogger
    • Maya's Happy Place
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 04:04:51 AM »
I have used California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Body Wash for years now. Its free of all nuts and soy and is dimethicone-free as well. It also has all natural ingredients and derivatives, but many are from coconut, so if you are allergic, do not use.  :heart:

You can buy it in the baby section at Target or on Amazon I think :)
Anaphylaxis to peanut and soy (including oil)
Severe allergy to some tree nuts.
Also severely allergic to lentils and anything peas (severe allergy to some legumes).
Contact and environmental allergies as well.

Offline JenniferB

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
I buy Episcential shampoo for my son. I think they make other products as well, like body wash. http://episencial.com/shop/shop-by-product/

It's clearly labeled as nut-free peanut-free