Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Nut Industry processing handbook  (Read 1819 times)

Description:

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Nut Industry processing handbook
« on: December 12, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »
Just putting this here, as I stumbled on it today (there is large section on allergens which is pretty interesting):

Industry Handbook for Safe Processing of Nuts, 2010

http://www.gmaonline.org/downloads/technical-guidance-and-tools/Industry_Handbook_for_Safe_Processing_of_Nuts_1st_Edition_22Feb10.pdf

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:58:04 PM by ajasfolks2 »
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
Re: Nut Industry processing handbook
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
Related info as to preventing Xcontam with peanut (specific to pecans):

http://www.caes.uga.edu/commodities/fruits/pecan/growers/documents/trailerdecontamination.pdf

hmm

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »
My dd is pn and tn. Her allergist that diagnosed her fa said coconut is not a tree nut so we don't have to avoid. Well 2 years later after not worring about coconut being listed in the ingredient list she asked for coconut milk. It sat in my fridge for a few weeks because it just made me nervous. well one day she found it and asked for it. She only a had a few ounces and she started with the itchy nose. Called her new allergist and he said coconut is a tree nut and we recommend avoiding if you have a tn allergy. so confusing......but we are avoiding until shes tested

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:15:33 AM »
to hmm

Coconut is NOT a tree nut (your new physician is mistaken) -- HOWEVER a person may be allergic to coconut.