FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Trying to understand symptoms,soy allergy  (Read 8682 times)

Description:

Offline Lost liquid

Trying to understand symptoms,soy allergy
« on: December 16, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
 Hi all I'm not sure where to start but here goes my list of symptoms.I found out three months ago I have a soy/peanut/hazzlenut alergy.Prior to that I had one rock and roll year of pain and anxiety.Please anyone tell me if they have experienced similar symptoms: woke up march 3rd tight chest,prior to this weeks of wheezing sound when breathing.( started taking weight lifting shakes about 3 months).Had bloated feeling,constipation then above hit.I stopped weight lifting and started having upper back pain.teeth tingling upper set,major acid reflux.Found out I had major muscle knots in upper back( huge ones that throbb).Dizzyness that come and goes ,neck muscle tension and pain. After thousands in tests nothing found.I stopped all training and supplements and started massage therapy only to discover I had tons of knots in upper back.A few months later my stonach was still bad so I stopped eating sugar etc went to yogurts,breakfast bars,cheese,soda crackers etc.Thats when a heavy post nasal drip started snd sinus problems.Back got better but I had ear fullness ,dry mouth,numb tongue tip etc back was better cuz of massages,I then started to check into tmj.TMJ dentist said my bite was perfect,no noises,no jaw deviation etc.ENT said nasal passage was blocked swollen ,probably allergies.So I asked why back hurts and I have acid reflux etc way more than what's considered normal(always ate tums a lot) but nothing like now.So I went for full allergy testing and blood work came back as above.I asked the allergist can soy really do this? He explained any food allergy can cause muscle tightness/trigger points.Soy also causes sinus problens and facial swelling including the muscles of the jaw. It can also cause the muscles of the respitory system and lung membrane pain ,also digestion problens.He said that I may have had a soy intolerence and after taking the weight lifting stuff (apparently heavy laiden with soy) cause me to be full blown allergic.Can soy really cause all this???  I have noticed when I cut out breads and processed foods my symptoms reduce,no more Dizzyness or eyes sensative to light etc,and muscles instead of being tight are more sore.Make sense to anyone ??

Offline starlight

Re: Trying to understand symptoms,soy allergy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
Get tested for and look up the symptoms for celiac. If cutting out bread and processed food makes that much of a difference, that's definitely something to look into.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:40:26 PM »
Allergies can cause constipation, diarrheal, bloating, wheezing.  I'm not sure it can cause muscle pain and knots, but the other symptoms can cause you to be tense, which can cause those symptoms.

tingling of gums....can be an allergic response.  But the first thing that actually came to Ming when reading your entire post, is being very tense can cause/increase teeth grinding and biting..that can result in pain in the gums, and for me personally, the upper gums are worse with that.

Offline Lost liquid

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »
I was surfing the net and after reading up on soy it apparently does cause soft tissue inflammation and muscle tension.So it can't be a coincidence that everytime I eat soy I explode with muscle knots always in the same place+ jaw muscle twitching.Also coffee isn't helping I guess with all the histamine in my body it certainly doesn't need more of it (coffee),Geez allergies suck!! Soy in in everything ,it's going to be a long life not eating what I used to.Cutting coffee won't be easy either that's for sure, but I can't keep living with muscle pain&sinus issues now can I. I can't believe how many symptoms soy allergies cause ,and how many websites there are with victims like me.These preservatives are just causing so many medical problens in our society.Oh and I did have a gluten panel done which came back negative (not celiac) but purely a gluten test.