Mt Siani

Started by MandCmama, November 19, 2012, 10:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoingNuts

We've only been going there for a few years and have never sought accommodations in that time.  I have heard of other folks locally here who have used them and have been successful.  I think they're good at churning out paperwork.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

SkyRibbons

MandCMomma - I grew up the next town over from Nutley and lived there until I got married & moved 'down the shore.'  Your description of Nj driving is true.  It stinks.  I just had to teach my 2nd daughter, and it wasn't easy.   Jughandle?  Left turn lane?  Circle?  Turnoff?  You don't know until you're on top of it.

I like the advice of taking a train into the city.  I hadn't been into the city in well over 20 years but used to drive in often when I was younger.  A few months back I went in with my daughter taking the train from Red Bank and took a cab to the Metropolitan Museum.  Coming back, we easily found our train at Penn Station.  I was very nervous about the whole thing, but it was quite simple.  We bought the tickets, round trip, right at the train station kiosk.  No worries about parking and stress over driving in the city.

I wish you luck.  My daughter's allergiest suggested going to Mt. Sinai, but she absolutely refuses.  Frustrating!

Mfamom

When we saw dr. sicherer a few years ago, he asked how our school situation was etc.  we had just gotten our 504 and he seemed happy about that.
I would think they would be helpful with schools.  i think there is a section in sicherer book about schools.
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

GoingNuts

SR, my son refused for years too.  Stubborn children.  :disappointed:

We just made our appointment with Dr. Nowak for March (she does have openings sooner, but that's when he'll be home from college).

N.E. US

twinturbo

DS1 saw Sicherer for yearly tests yesterday nothing new or earth shattering on an individual front, BUT two interesting studies we chose to take part in.

Egg - Sicherer says they no longer use ovomucoid as a tolerance factor for baked after their findings showed it unreliable. They are studying a new test and asked us if we wished to participate we said yes. We were told we are allowed to get the results and an explanation of the test when completed.

Peanut - An investigation of genetic markers and mechanisms so finally some real discovery not crappy correlated garbage. We participated for the sake of benefit to all also because they said it was possible they could potentially investigate treatments or mediating medications depending on results.

The whole staff was terrific and Sicherer has the parent-kid coding down perfect! When they were talking about blood draws and scratch tests Sicherer said "We'll do this (point to skin) first then we'll do the other one." Nudge-nudge.

Jet Blue was pretty good on nutty stuff and some of the younger flight attendants checked in often on Bieberific DS1 which he in turn liked.

GoingNuts

I love Dr. Sicherer.  I wish he took our insurance.  He really related well to older DS when we were teasing out whether or not he was truly TNA or just having outrageous reactions to birch.  Plus, he has an awesome sense of humor, which my son really appreciated.

I do like Dr. Nowak very much as well, but particularly for older boys, I think a male MD just gets through to them better. 
N.E. US

twinturbo

We got our numbers back today. While we're going to need Sicherer to run through some of the nut numbers because the tests are a little different than we're used to I think this is what is shaping up:

Peanut unchanged, egg white still possible for baked challenge, but now we have to add suspected almond, cashew and pistachio. Which is weird because I know he's had almond in the past but that was then this is now. Hazelnut and walnut still come back negative so those may be possible. The rest of the tree nuts were iffy. All crustaceans were negative.

At this point I think I'm pulling shared line gross contamination with almond. There were a few suspected almond contaminated soy incidents to warrant concern now that I've seen the number come back. That's a bummer I was hoping to get almond but if hazelnut is go we would gain Nutella.

CMdeux

Oh, that is a bummer, TT.  Sounds almost exactly like DD's current set of allergens.

We've talked some about challenging almond, but I hardly see the point since we have rxn Hx that supports (by process of elimination) the notion of reactivity to traces. 

Hazelnut is a nice addition, though-- and you CAN get uncontaminated (single-source) hazelnuts grower-direct.   They are lovely in salads and on hot cereal. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

I know! I was thinking what are the odds of that happening? Crazy.

Macabre

Yes--hazelnut is nice to have.  :) DS loves the Ferrer Roche chocolates.  I don't know if they're labeled for anything else you deal with, though. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview