Lender's Bagels

Started by Macabre, January 05, 2013, 10:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

I hope the customer service reps (2 of em!) that spoke with joshsmom are correct.  I'm really, really hoping that.  When I called again today, they'd gone for the day. Maybe tomorrow.  After the conversation I had, I personally need to speak with someone that is extremely confident they're made on dedicated equipment.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

This customer service rep said and swears that the frozen and refrigerated are at a different facility than the fresh, that there is no possibility for them to come into contact with the Everything fresh bagel. 

So it's 3-1. I am believing the 3.

maeve

Just a weird question:  Are you using your toaster or your landlords?
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Macabre

The bottom oven drawer, which was thoroughly cleaned and has been fine since August.

I will have the last bagel in this bag later this afternoon. We'll see.

becca

Good luck!  I thought of you today as I bought a bag at the grocery store.  The NY style frozen ones. 

I presume you eat enough other wheat products to be certain you are not sensitive to the gluten or wheat? 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Macabre

Heh--just now seeing this. Yep. DH makes bread at least twice a week.  He's nothing but trouble!

hezzier

Look what I found on the frozen lender's bagels today.  I haven't bought them in a while and I know it wasn't on there last time. 

becca

I have a bag in my freezer that has been there for awhile.  It has that label on it.  Maybe a regional thing?  Different bakeries?  I am pretty sure I have been seeing it for at least a year or more.  Ds eats them more often(NKAs) but I originally began getting them for dd. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

GoingNuts

Oh, I just love buying things with that label.  Even if I have no desire to use them, I want to go right out and buy a case to support them, LOL.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

hezzier

Has anyone checked on Lender's recently?  DS is requesting an onion bagel and I can't get them in our regular brand.  I know the frozen ones were safe for TN, what about the refrigerated ones?

joshsmom

We use the frozen onion bagels for breakfast. We also buy the plain ones and make homemade bagel bites all the time. When I called Lenders they said both were fine-frozen and refrigerated. Only the frozen pkg has the allergy label. DS is allergic peanut, a few tree nuts, sesame and sunflower.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview