How are we feeling about Divvie's?

Started by Macabre, January 16, 2013, 05:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

I didn't see a thread.

I want to give a gift to someone here who is allergic to peanuts, treenuts, dairy and eggs. It's a child.

I don't know if they've used Divvie's before.

--Those of you who are dairy and egg allergic, how do you feel about their cookies?

--Things that they package that come from EF, DF, PF places?
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

GingerPye

We have often ordered Divvies.  My kids really like the Benjamint chocolate bars and we've had the jelly beans.  However, we have not ordered their cookies.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

twinturbo

On safety I would trust their baked items and chocolates for nuts, egg and I've known a few dairy allergic people to eat them without issue.

On value I would choose their cookies but the quality of their packaging vaults them into the boutique category so their gift packs of various items would impress.

On occasion I use the popcorn but it's too sugary for me, for kids. Same for candies.

I would not order the vanilla cupcakes.

With regard to their customer service they are really responsive, BUT their ordering system was glitchy with me about 3 different times to the tune of one $100+ birthday order sent twice, once 6 months after the original order.

MaryM

We love the chocolate brownie cookies, the chocolate candy and the kettle corn!

I'm pa/tna and the kids are milk/egg allergic.

Macabre

When DS was younger we'd often keep the packages cookies around for times when snacky things were needed on the fly.

And we loved the popcorn! We've ordered it a few times.

I was thinking of sending some packaged cookies and a chocolate dinosaur.

CMdeux

Last we ordered from them was several years back-- but DD at that point was SUPER low threshold with egg and moderately low-threshold with milk.

She had cookies and caramel corn with no problems whatsoever.  I'd definitely trust the cookies and popcorn items. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Macabre

NQ This family will be getting an influx of food soon.  I want something to be safe for this child. His world is about to be rocked and changed forever. I want there to be something for him.

GingerPye

DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Ra3chel

The 3 is silent.

Macabre

Oh, we're definitely doing that. But I didn't want to bring it up at all if folks here who deal with milk and egg weren't comfy.

twinturbo

Mac, if I remember correctly they'll actually do custom sheetcakes as long as you pick it up from their bakery they won't deliver. I don't know what your driving distance is to them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview