FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Dinner for the Week

<< < (2/19) > >>

GoingNuts:
Sunday - Grilled chicken cutlets, grilled veggies, baked beans.

Tonight - Stuffed chicken breasts (mozzarella, spinach, sundried tomatoes), potatoes (was supposed to be Polenta, but damned "shared facility"  >:() and sauteed green beans.

Tues - Pasta with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, garlic; salad.

Wednesday - Whatever fish looks good, roasted squash, cauliflower and potatoes.

Thursday - Bean and veg burritos, guacamole.

Friday - Pizza!

CookingMom:
Tonight - Pot Roast (sirloin tip, onions, carrots, potatoes--take some of the juice to make gravy for me)
Asparagus with garlic
leftover challah

Tuesday thru Thursday - leftover Pot Roast as long as I can, then Beef Barley Vegetable Soup, might throw in Chicken Fried Rice (have leftover rice from meals this past week) or leftover Pasta if there's a rebellion  :rant:
assorted breads as necessary

Does anyone else plan meals like I do?

eragon:
yes. i do!

sunday was roast lamb, roast potatos, mint sauce, peas , carrots, greens, gravy.
apple pie and custard.

creamy leek and carrot soup, baked potato, and oven baked sausages. ( some like the soup, some hate it  so this sort of works)

sheperds pie, savoy cabbage , gravy.

roast chicken with garlic, ginger, wine, rock salt, paprika etc. ( if its in the larder i will throw it on sort of meal.) 

oven baked fish, veg rissioto.

beef curry and rice.

CookingMom:
What I meant by plan is that I cook a large meal and think how many ways I can use it for other meals during the week...and how long I can get away with it before the complaints begin!  For example:

Sunday - Pot Roast with all the trimmings
Monday - Leftover Pot Roast with another vegetable, might add salad
Tuesday - Leftover Pasta from Saturday's dinner, salad, garlic bread
Wednesday - Soup made from the roast leftovers, salad, homemade biscuits
Thursday - Leftover Soup, different homemade bread, maybe a dessert to ward off the complaints of having leftovers again
Friday - Shabbat - must make nice dinner again, chicken "something"  :yes:
Saturday - give in to last week's request to make pizza
Sunday - what can I make that will have the potential to have leftovers?   ;D

GoingNuts:
Aaaack - my long reply was just lost in cyberspace!!!

I have to disguise my leftovers really well, as DH hates them and the boys aren't much better.  If I make something that freezes well like chili, beef stew, lasagna, brisket, etc., it's OK, but otherwise not so much.

Yesterday:  Corn flake crumb chicken that became Special K chicken because I ran out of corn flake crumbs, LOL.  Seasoned sweet potato rounds, salad.  Vegetable soup made from whatever I wanted to finish up and get rid of on Saturday.

Today:  Spinach lasagna, salad.

Tueseday:  Chicken/bean/cheese enchiladas made from  (shhhh) leftover corn flake crumb chicken.  Whatever veggies look good.

Wednesday:  Shrimp something.  Probably stir fry with veggies, rice.

Thursday:  Turkey chili.  Salad or  veggies.

Friday:  Our shabbat tradition - pizza!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version