Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Ener-g Egg replacer/cake mix  (Read 4001 times)

Description:

Offline MaryM

Ener-g Egg replacer/cake mix
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:11:37 AM »
DS is 8 and was diagnosed with an egg allergy as a baby.  I've read that Ener-G egg replacer does not work with cake mixes.  I never doubted that and have always made homemade cakes.  I like to bake and the kids are also allergic to milk so making homemade cakes was sort of a must.  Both kids can do baked dairy now, so yesterday I experimented and made cupcakes with Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix and Ener-g egg replacer.  The batter was very thick so I added a little extra water.  The cupcakes came out really well!  The problem is I want to eat them all.  I may try another batch with another flavor cake next week!