Hard Rock Cafe - Universal CityWalk

Started by MaryM, January 15, 2013, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryM

We will be in Disney the first week in February.  DS really wants to try the Hard Rock Cafe.  I see there is one at Universal CityWalk.  Has anyone been there?  Are they able to handle food allergies?  We are dealing with milk/egg for the kids (baked milk is ok) and peanut/tree nut for me.  DS has no idea there is a Hard Rock near Disney.  He saw the one in Philly this past December and really wants to go.  I am wondering if Universal is as allergy aware as Disney.

hedgehog

Hard Rock does vary by location.  We've had very good luck with informed managers at some locations, but at one HRC the manager basically said he did not want to take responsibility for serving DS (he did not put it that way, just let us know there was nothing on the menu that is safe for PA).  You might want to call and speak to the manager in advance.
USA

hezzier

We have not been there, but did have very good luck at Margaritaville in the same location.  They had a gluten free fryer for french fries (cut up an actual potato, almost unheard of these days).  DS had a hamburger, no bun and fries.

MaryM

Thanks Hezz!  I sent an email, we will see what they say.
I know a member's DD went to the one in NYC and had poor service.  Hoping the one at Universal will be better.  DS would be thrilled.

Macabre

We've always had very good experiences at Hard Rocks (Dallas, Houston, Baltimore, Atlanta).  You can see our allergens below.  I have no idea how they'd be with milk and egg. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

starlight

I don't know if you know this, but each Hard Rock has a little gift store inside, with shirts, mugs, jewelry, etc. You can also see a lot of the music paraphernalia from the entryways and in the stores. So, even if you can't eat there, you could take him inside to see it and the shop. Maybe if you explain the situation they'd let you wander around too? Or if not, just sit at the bar (which is usually in the center and I don't think they restrict ages who sit there) and order drinks?

MaryM

Thanks Mac & Starlight!  Milk and egg are so difficult.  I am hoping we can eat there but I did just say to my DH last night that we could at least bring him to the gift shop.  The Bar idea is good - he might even be content to bring his own food just to go there and hang out...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview