Benadryl for allergic reaction???

Started by Rae, January 21, 2013, 06:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

I like that one too lakeswimr.  I've never seen it, but it is very similar to what my son's new school set in his IHP.  He's had an IHP since kindergarten, but none of the other schools had anything like that.

Macabre

I just saw this.

http://www.asthmaallergieschildren.com/2013/01/12/auvi-q%E2%84%A2%E2%80%94thoughts-about-the-new-autoinjector/

QuoteThe program began with a talk by Dr. John Oppenheimer, formerly of National Jewish in Denver and currently in private practice in New Jersey as well as Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and Associate Editor of the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.

Several things he said stood out. One was to cite a subject we have written about hereā€”the misunderstanding of anaphylaxis by emergency department doctors. A second was the remarkable growth of exercise-induced anaphylaxis. A third was that he specifically cautions against administration of Benadryl as a first resort because the sedative effects can mask the onset of more serious symptoms like plunging blood pressure. And finally his observation that allergy practice frequently seems more like a matter of "risk management" than a healing art, or words to that effect. I hope to get Dr. Oppenheimer to write for us soon.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview