FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Solgar Vitamins and Supplements  (Read 1739 times)

Description:

forvictoria

Solgar Vitamins and Supplements
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »
Has anyone had any adverse reactions or bad experiences with this company's vitamins and supplements? Or have any information, I have a Shellfish allergy and need to start taking some vitamins. I just got off the phone with them and they assured me they have high quality manufacturing methods that prevent cross contamination.

They state on their site:
"Solgar's manufacturing facility meets pharmaceutical standards for machinery, procedures, quality control, and environmentalism.

Solgar's standards exceed those required by the supplement industry in order to produce the highest quality products available:

- Solgar invested more than $1 million in a state-of-the-art USP reverse osmosis water purification system. This isn't required by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), but it assures the best system possible.

- HEPA Air Purification All of the air that circulates through Solgar's facility passes through a bank of HEPA filters that remove 99.9 percent of airborne particulates.

- Solgar blends, tablets and encapsulated each formula in a separate suite throughout the manufacturing process to prevent cross-contamination and ensure product integrity.

- Solgar uses food-grade, environmentally friendly cleaners to sanitize equipment between batches. They disassemble and clean every piece of machinery after each formula change."

http://www.solgar.com/pub/solgarscience/20111110110930_11SO1105GoldStandardBrochure.pdf

Offline krasota

Re: Solgar Vitamins and Supplements
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »
I generally trust Solgar.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

forvictoria

Re: Solgar Vitamins and Supplements
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:50 PM »
I generally trust Solgar.

Great to know! Thank you I have a vitamin D deficiency and need to start taking some vitamins