Son with 12 different food allergies

Started by parag3877, March 15, 2013, 01:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parag3877

Hello All,

I just joined group and trying to learn more from other parents. I have 31/2 yr old son with 12 different food allergies. (Egg, Milk, Soy, Peanut, Almond, Wheat, Rice, Sesame, Beef, Ginger, Garlic, and Legume). Just trying to learn from other parents and share of our stories about how to face challenges. Also, would like to learn about how to participate in clinical study to help with some allergies.

Thanks

eragon

welcome, quite a lot of us have long lists, and some of us are parents of older children, so will do our best to support you.
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Jessica

Wow, that's a long list. :( I'm sorry. To clarify, your son is 3 and a half right?
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

The first step is confirming that that long list is based on reactions and not tests alone.

PurpleCat

Welcome!

Some of those allergens are on my DD's long list.  We've been at this for many years.  It is hardest when they are very young.

You will find lots of good advice and information here.

yelloww

Welcome! My son had a long list at that age also. He outgrew a number of them by age 5- not the most severe ones, but getting wheat, rice, and soy back made a huge difference in our lives.

parag3877

Yes, my son is 3 years and six months old. Majority of my son's allergies are "eosinophilic esophagitis" rather than "immediate hypersensitivity". He has few with immediate hypersensitivity also. Some of the allergies are based on test, while some on reaction.

twinturbo

You may want to start a thread on this in the main forum. Use "EE" in the title so you can get the right eyes on it to get the appropriate support.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview