Survey on Thresholds from FARE

Started by GoingNuts, January 31, 2013, 08:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinksEtc

From FARE email:

QuoteMary Jane Marchisotto, senior vice president of research

QuoteMarchisotto and Laurie Harada, executive director of Anaphylaxis Canada, together with other advocates and researchers, are working on a paper examining patients' attitudes toward food allergen threshold labeling, which will be submitted for publication.

Reminds me to try & get to this thread soon ...
Docket FDA-2008-N-0429 - Advisory Labeling Comments & Info

LinksEtc

Tweeted by @AllergyEducator

Understanding food allergen thresholds requires careful analysis of the available clinical data

Steve L. Taylor, PhD, Geert F. Houben, PhD, Joseph L. Baumert, PhD, Rene R.W.R. Crevel, PhD, Katrina J. Allen, MD, PhD, Anthony E.J. Dubois, MD, Andre C. Knulst, MD, Benjamin C. Remington, PhD, Astrid G. Kruizinga, MSc, W. Marty Blom, PhD, Simon Brooke-Taylor, PhD
Published Online: November 21, 2014

-----

I can't seem to get access to this article, but my guess is that some of you will find it interesting.

CMdeux

analysis of the available clinical data

What, and pretend that the stuff that IRB's won't approve just-- doesn't MATTER??

:insane: :dunce:

Sorry, but I have not got a lot of patience for this kind of thing.  That's just lousy science.

I mean-- does ANYONE truly think that designing a braking system in a car can just, I dunno...   ignore friction in doing calculations?  Because it's too hard to measure or something?

No?

Well, then, why is it okay to IGNORE the people who face the largest risks of death from cross-contamination when crafting policies to (nominally, clearly-- because it's far from pragmatically so) "protect" food allergic consumers.

I'm not buying it.  This is about protecting food manufacturers from liability, and giving them a pass on disclosure.  Nothing more.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

LinksEtc

Tweeted by @AllergyEducator

"Food Allergens: Impacts and Challenges"
http://toolbox.foodproductdesign.com/Videos/2014/12/FTTb-Food-Allergens.aspx

Stephen L. Taylor, Ph.D.

------------------------------------

Tweeted by @eliza68

"How much is too much?: Threshold dose distributions for 5 food allergens"
http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749%2814%2901590-5/abstract

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview