FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Teens and Food Allergies

Teens and Valentine's Day

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mfamom:
kissing terrifies me.  mostly due to pa, but thinking about what comes after kissing sends me into orbit!

becca:
Never too early.  Dd was being kissed regularly for a short period of time in 4th grade, against her will.  She finally got upset one day and told me she did not want to go to her bff's house because he had been kissing her and she didn't like it.  I am not sure how much she spoke up for herself, or if she was just shocked and uncomfortable, so the moms discussed and policed it and the friendship quickly cooled that year. 

CM, it really disturbed me as well, that the kid did not get the "no means no" thing, and repeatedly would attempt to isolate dd, even when the mom was thinking they were under her nose.  Hide and seek in the home, 10 seconds behind a closed door and he was on her!  I was so upset about the big picture of that and how he was really crossing a line in so many ways and his parents had their head in the sand, I forgot all about the allergy risks!  He was her bff and never ate PB, really, if she was a round, though. 

Anyway, never too young.  he had other ideas as well.  No kidding.  Thank goodness dd hated it and told me!  I shudder to think if she had liked it.  They had been in "puppy love" for years before that.  She says he is a bit of a jerk these days.  No kidding? 

So, this was 4th grade.  If he had happened upon a girl equally interested, more would have happened. 

Overall, I have for a long time discussed the risks of kissing and the FAs.  Our schools cover a lot of sex ed in the 5th and 6th grade movies.  But I need to re-cover it with dd.   She was not emotionally ready and was grossed out and tuned out.  Failed the test.  So, she will need a review.  Right now she cannot talk about it.  Is not interested.  She presently has a firm resolve to adopt children because she is so repulsed by the deed. 

GoingNuts:
DS dropped an oh-so-subtle hint that he might be seeing someone up at school, so time for a quick reminder.  I can't count on every girlfriend being as OCD about keeping him safe as his first one was.

Mfamom:
I'm pretty sure my ds likes someone at school.  He is awfully worried about how he looks, smells etc. 

he's not saying a word about it to me though.  I know he would never kiss a girl without asking her when she last ate pb.  its just how he operates.  I will have dh revisit the topic soon though

Macabre:
DS is a freshman.  Good kid. But we've been having this conversation for a while. When he was in seventh grade he had stage kisses in two separate plays. One had no contact. One was a real kiss. Seriously.  The fake one was looking too fake. The girl (an 8th grader) avoided peanut forbabweek. I wrote her a joy afterward telling her how exquisite her performance was (truly was) and thanked her for making the sacrifice.

We've also had the conversation about how alcohol impairs judgement in every area--including food.

Sigh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version