Living with Food Allergies, 2013 and on

Started by ajasfolks2, February 03, 2013, 01:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMdeux

You know that you have food allergies when you see this in an e-mail:

Please note: This event will be held in the Museum's galleries where food is not permitted. Please plan on having dinner prior to your arrival or enjoy a quick bite at one of the Museum's neighboring restaurants or food carts.

and it makes you feel happy-happy-happy, and you can almost feel the stress melting away as you think...

there's no place like an art museum... there's no place like an art museum.. Ahhhhhhh   :heart:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

GingerPye

DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

sneaker

CMdeux, that is so, so true!!!  You really got that just right how a FA person or family would feel.

spacecanada

Makes me feel like visiting an art museum in the near future.  YAY.   :happydance:
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

becca

Pretty much any museum, though at ones that attract kids, people flaunt the rules with snacks for toddlers.  Alwyay chafed me.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

CMdeux

Docents in art museums tend to be pretty hard core about it.  LOVE that.   :heart:

Might explain why my 6yo liked MoMA so much better than Disneyland, too.   :-[

Western U.S.

Janelle205

Haha.

You really thought that I would eat something that you made in your house? 

That's funny.

CMdeux

Discovering that you (and more critically, your child) have something in common with Miley Cyrus makes you feel...

conflicted.

[spoiler]

Oh sure-- how high-profile an advocate for ANAPHYLAXIS AWARENESS is she??  WOw-- MAJOR coup, that, if it were to happen that way.... but...

Ueughhhh...   :-X  Miley Cyrus... twerking... EW...[/spoiler]

Western U.S.

LinksEtc

First, of course, I hope that she is ok.

-----------

Parts of her song "We Can't Stop" remind me of FAS  :misspeak:

Ex
Quotedon't take nothing from nobody

QuoteIt's our party, we can say what we want

Granted, I don't usually listen to her stuff, but since you brought it up ...

:)

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

SilverLining

Quote from: CMdeux on April 15, 2014, 06:50:23 PM
Discovering that you (and more critically, your child) have something in common with Miley Cyrus makes you feel...

conflicted.

[spoiler]

Oh sure-- how high-profile an advocate for ANAPHYLAXIS AWARENESS is she??  WOw-- MAJOR coup, that, if it were to happen that way.... but...

Ueughhhh...   :-X  Miley Cyrus... twerking... EW...[/spoiler]

Maybe an allergic reaction. Maybe not.

becca

Yeah, I also wonder SL, she has some history of cancelling appearances.  One was in Boston this winter.  Weather was balmed, but every other act on the same tour made it here, no problems.  They were all in NYC the night before. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

twinturbo

I think publicists use "drug reaction" as a generic cover. A while back someone posted about Bieber having a reported allergic reaction to drug hospital visit. Miley makes no illusions she parties with substances it's part of her public overcompensation against her Disney days.

She may have had a bad reaction to antibiotics. Medically that sort of puts her in the larger population allergic to some meds, not LTFA.

No hate on me for her transformation or whatever it was. I had no idea what she did before Bangerz but there's a couple of good tunes. She's got a real head for marketing for her age.

More for the interested reader.[spoiler]Miley's gone on record as a vocal and ardent supporter of marriage equality and LGBT community support in general. I've watched/read her statements that people think she "looks gay" because of her hair cut and appearance and she's clearly said she doesn't care because gay is not an insult to her, nor should it be used as an insult. She's also helped publicize some Pride events. Thus far she's shown consistent support and fairly well thought out considering she grew up as a child star in Hollywood. The survival rate for child stars in Hollywood is not exactly overwhelming odds. [/spoiler]

My on topic contribution. Our allergist is chomping at the bit to get DS1 on some tree nut challenges like he's just PSYCHED for it. Enthusiasm is good, I suppose.

CMdeux

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview