FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Living with Food Allergies, 2013 and on  (Read 390491 times)

Description: Day-to-day experiences

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Living with Food Allergies, 2013 and on
« Reply #1050 on: March 09, 2015, 12:47:23 PM »
So sorry about the reaction and now I get the comment in another forum about potatoes.

Glad you are well and can find a bit of humor in an otherwise stressful scary moment.  (DD's last reaction was a couple Januaries ago and it was so cold that the extra fire and police personnel came inside too.  Too many large men plus the stretcher and equipment were overwhelming in our kitchen!)

What was in the mashed potatoes?  Could the culprit be an added ingredient.

Hope you are feeling better.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #1051 on: March 09, 2015, 02:01:20 PM »
I would suspect the outside of the skittles bag or raisin box more than anything else.

I'm sorry!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #1052 on: March 09, 2015, 03:12:48 PM »
I would suspect the outside of the skittles bag or raisin box more than anything else.
That is what the paramedics thought.  They had me wash my hands and face too, in case I still had residue on them.   Thumbs up to our paramedics yesterday. 

Frustrating when there is no obvious cause.  I feel like scrubbing the whole house clean.  The whole house... Every last plate, fork, book, and puzzle piece, yk?
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1053 on: March 10, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »
:(.  Sorry you had a reaction, Space.  How are you doing emotionally today?  I know you have worked hard to overcome anxiety after your last reaction.  Hugs.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #1054 on: March 10, 2015, 01:08:25 PM »
:(.  Sorry you had a reaction, Space.  How are you doing emotionally today?  I know you have worked hard to overcome anxiety after your last reaction.  Hugs.
I am at home alone for the first time after the reaction and scared, frustrated, and a bit depressed.  My husband is texting me to check on me every hour or so and reminding me to do fun things to stay positive. He made me a safe lunch to make sure I would eat today.  I am taking it day by day and know I can call my psychologist any time if things don't improve. I think I need to let myself be upset for a few days - that is normal.  Thanks for checking in and for everyone's support.   :heart:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #1055 on: March 10, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »
Time to binge watch something!

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #1056 on: March 10, 2015, 01:13:04 PM »
Time to binge watch something!
So far the line up includes Dolphin Tale, Dolphin Tale 2, Soul Surfer, A Smile As Big As The Moon, Despicable Me, and Wall-E. All happy feel good family movies. 

Offline MaryM

« Reply #1057 on: March 10, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »
Just came to let spacecanada know I'm thinking of her.  I hope you enjoy all of those movies!

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1058 on: March 12, 2015, 06:31:27 AM »
DS's school is collecting PB for the End 68 hours of Hunger Program.  We sent Sunbutter.

ninjaroll

« Reply #1059 on: March 13, 2015, 09:29:15 PM »
A fit of giggles came on when I pondered a group of us going to the next FARE conference. 

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #1060 on: March 14, 2015, 11:45:56 AM »
A fit of giggles came on when I pondered a group of us going to the next FARE conference.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #1061 on: March 15, 2015, 06:27:22 PM »
This is more of a living with environmental allergies...

Pollen is creeping up and I have been tracking.  Mainly been trying to figure out what DH is allergic to because he is always miserable at the start of the season.  Our local board lists trees out individual (weeds and grasses as well).  But I have been stumped by the Unident tree.  What in the heck is a Unident tree.  Okay, let's Google it...

And then there is the moment when you slap your forehead, wish you had a V-8 when you realize the Unident tree you are searching for is actually short for unidentified species.

Dork.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

ninjaroll

« Reply #1062 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:08 PM »
Why can't you live closer to me.  We could torment each other at the gym together. 

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #1063 on: March 15, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »
You would at least understand why I was over the moon happy to find a local restaurant using Pure Knead bread (free of the top 8 and super yummy) so that DS1 could have his first ever, in a restaurant, served on a bun (since most GF buns have egg) burger.  My friend was elated to share the news with me.

Only to find out apparently people like burgers with fried eggs on them.  WTH?  And oh yeah, on the same grill as the burger. 

But they could clean it for me.  But I just read the article about pancakes. 

Ugh.  Friend doesn't understand. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #1064 on: March 16, 2015, 07:40:50 AM »
This is more of a living with environmental allergies...

Pollen is creeping up and I have been tracking.  Mainly been trying to figure out what DH is allergic to because he is always miserable at the start of the season.  Our local board lists trees out individual (weeds and grasses as well).  But I have been stumped by the Unident tree.  What in the heck is a Unident tree.  Okay, let's Google it...

And then there is the moment when you slap your forehead, wish you had a V-8 when you realize the Unident tree you are searching for is actually short for unidentified species.

Dork.

Because of a few posts here, I got up yesterday and told my Mom I have to start watching DD.  We are still snow covered, but when the grass and bushes are all uncovered, pollen will be quick to show it's face and we will be behind.  Some years without snow cover, the pollen starts in February.

Then DD came downstairs...............her face swollen, her eyes purple and swollen, her nose running...............................it turns out I'm late anyway.  Allergra D and Pataday (which I bought when you all started posting about pollen) and a short nap and she was feeling so much better.  This morning she asked if she should take it again because we still have lots of snow.....I asked her how she was feeling and she said, my face feels puffy...................ummmm, yes.  Then she wanted to know how there could be pollen when it is 20 degrees and snow covered and I said the birds brought it from the south!  I don't know!  Perhaps I should have blamed the Unident Tree!  (I've never heard of that one!)

And this morning, when I logged into my computer, I got my first pollen allergy alert.  Juniper, Cedar and something else.