Ghirardelli

Started by Mezzo, January 17, 2013, 01:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mezzo

Is Ghirardelli peanut free now? I thought that was what they were moving to. Their Valentine candy in boxes does not have a peanut warning, only contains tree nuts, milk and soy and may contain wheat.

Macabre

Hmmm.  I hadn't heard this.  Maybe reraising will result in a knowledgeable response.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

nameless

Hmmmm...I think it's Guitard you are thinking about?

Here is Ghirardelli's list:

http://www.ghirardelli.com/allergy-information

They are also known to label for cross-x with same equipment as "may contains" on the label.

Adrienne

40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

chase

I saw the same valentine candy box.  It was Ghirardelli.  There was no peanut warning.  They also had pink valentine candy bags (both contain the squares) and also no peanut warning.  Those squares used to always have the peanut warning.  I'm going to pass on them due to the web-site :(

Mezzo

I found the older thread I was thinking of:
Ghiradelli mini-semi sweet chips

So some of their plants went peanut-free?

nameless

Thanks for finding that thread! I totally forgot about it!  I mostly just trust labels, whoever the manufacturer, so I don't remember certain things about certain brands.

I'm thinking/remembering this was for their baking products....not their candy products. They still have the PB filled squares and chocolate covered peanuts.

Their website may be out of date --- best to call for an update. Regardless - they label for same equipment :)

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Mezzo

I got in touch with them by email. Those Valentine heart chocolates I found at Target are made in a facility that handles no peanuts!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview