FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Johnny Rockets?  (Read 7086 times)

Description:

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Johnny Rockets?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30:31 AM »
Anybody eaten at the one in the Pentagon City Mall?  (Maeve?)

I just downloaded their allergen information online yesterday hoping that could be a food option for DD. They even list sesame noting it is only considered a major allergen in Canada.  I had hopes she could get a burger and fries there.

We don't have one near us so I had no idea peanut butter might be so prevalent in the kitchen.

Offline maeve

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »
I have eaten at the Pentagon City location.  It's been a few years; I used to live near Pentagon City.  I'm pretty sure we've been there with DD at least once.  She usually gets a grilled cheese and fries.  DD has gotten a burger at our current location (Ashburn).
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 03:39:52 PM »
Well, I spoke with management and then decided to try it.  Dd had chicken fingers and fries.  She liked it.  Ds had a burger as did I. 

The manager said they keep one wand clean if PB on the shakes for people with allergies and place those shakes away from any others.  Then, our server, overhearing that i would not let dd have a shake, said she could sanitize a container and wand and that they have a specific one for all the PB shakes.  So, opposite stories.  Umm, so which one os right and are they using the dedicated wand for allergic individuals *and* pb shakes, since there were 2 conflicting bits of information?  They are trying, but, I am not at all comfortable trusting that and I would not trust that one wand on a machine with 5 or 6 stays clean anyway. 

So, food okay for us, and no shakes for us.  The grill was opposite the fountain area, and fountain items were separate from the food items, even when set out for delivery.   
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
I have only let ds have a shake from one local place....a deli downtown...the owner is fantastic and scrubs down and sanitizes the shake machine for pb allergies.
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 07:42:06 AM »
Yeah, I make them for the kids on my Vitamix once in awhile. 

Oreos and vanilla ice cream, a shot of milk and choc syrup?  Pretty good and I used to make them in an ice cream shop, so I make a good shake.  I also used to be the one who cleaned the Frappe machine.  I know how dirty they get, and you do not want to know about the critters crawling around under them.   :hiding:
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »
The frappe machine.  Even if i didn't know where you live, I could figure it out.
USA