FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Does anyone go to Outback anymore?  (Read 6931 times)

Description:

Offline yelloww

Re: Does anyone go to Outback anymore?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 07:10:18 AM »
It went really well! Will definitely go back!

Offline Jessica

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 01:33:19 PM »
Good to hear!! The Outback here is very good about it. In fact, we used to go often enough that they would remember, and when they came to take our order they would say 'one of you has a nut allergy right?'.

I would love to know if other restaurants are safe though. Outback is an hour away and we have a local Applebee's.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »
It's good, isn't it!  My whole family likes to eat there.  The kids, esp, are happy that they can eat the bread.  Glad it worked out for you, yellow!
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
Good to hear!! The Outback here is very good about it. In fact, we used to go often enough that they would remember, and when they came to take our order they would say 'one of you has a nut allergy right?'.

I would love to know if other restaurants are safe though. Outback is an hour away and we have a local Applebee's.

Our Applebees was awful . I ended up leaving.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 09:55:32 AM »
In our experience, Applebees is not terrific, but it has been do-able.  Only just.  Not a lot of food choices for my kids, and not a lot of knowledge about food allergies.  For a while we did have a waitress who had a child with a peanut allergy, so she knew what was needed in the kitchen. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline yelloww

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »
Our local applebees told us they don't actually make most of the food there, they just heat it up, so they can't make many changes to it. We went once, but they have very little when it comes to dairy and egg allergies. TGIFridays is better with that than Applebee's is.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 05:34:08 PM »
I have never had a good meal at Applebees.  When we ate there in the San Diego area, dd later was violently ill, projectile vomiting.  This was the night before we had to get up at 4am for our flight home.  Ugh.  never again.  I  do not know why she was so sick, but she was pretty fine, once she was rid of it.  a bit shaky but not a virus or anything.  She has had this sort of reaction to fried foods a few times in life and I always wonder if it might be an undiagnosed shellfish issue.  But she has friend items often enough, IDK.  Maybe greasy food?
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy