Does anyone go to Outback anymore?

Started by Jessica, February 09, 2013, 04:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelloww

Jessica

Good to hear!! The Outback here is very good about it. In fact, we used to go often enough that they would remember, and when they came to take our order they would say 'one of you has a nut allergy right?'.

I would love to know if other restaurants are safe though. Outback is an hour away and we have a local Applebee's.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

GingerPye

It's good, isn't it!  My whole family likes to eat there.  The kids, esp, are happy that they can eat the bread.  Glad it worked out for you, yellow!
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

SweetandSour

Quote from: Jessica on June 12, 2013, 01:33:19 PM
Good to hear!! The Outback here is very good about it. In fact, we used to go often enough that they would remember, and when they came to take our order they would say 'one of you has a nut allergy right?'.

I would love to know if other restaurants are safe though. Outback is an hour away and we have a local Applebee's.

Our Applebees was awful . I ended up leaving.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

GingerPye

In our experience, Applebees is not terrific, but it has been do-able.  Only just.  Not a lot of food choices for my kids, and not a lot of knowledge about food allergies.  For a while we did have a waitress who had a child with a peanut allergy, so she knew what was needed in the kitchen. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

yelloww

Our local applebees told us they don't actually make most of the food there, they just heat it up, so they can't make many changes to it. We went once, but they have very little when it comes to dairy and egg allergies. TGIFridays is better with that than Applebee's is.

becca

I have never had a good meal at Applebees.  When we ate there in the San Diego area, dd later was violently ill, projectile vomiting.  This was the night before we had to get up at 4am for our flight home.  Ugh.  never again.  I  do not know why she was so sick, but she was pretty fine, once she was rid of it.  a bit shaky but not a virus or anything.  She has had this sort of reaction to fried foods a few times in life and I always wonder if it might be an undiagnosed shellfish issue.  But she has friend items often enough, IDK.  Maybe greasy food?
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview