FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: How to get people working together  (Read 6104 times)

Description:

Offline Ciel

Re: How to get people working together
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
When I spoke with the pharmacist (in Canada) he said they are comparable in cost to epi-pens.

I just got a new EpiPen last week and the total cost was $115.00 and I had to pay 20% of that cost out of pocket with the other 80% covered by my drug plan. I wish I had seen this tread before ordering my refill so I could have asked about Intelliject.

I'm wiling to help if I can, but to be useful I need a crash course re: formulary. And if the quote in your last post is the crash course, then I might not be smart enough to help  :-[ .

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 01:51:42 PM »
Ciel, I just picked up an epi-pen over the weekend.  mine was only &106.87, of which I pay 10%

~~

My previous post doesn't mean I know what to do....only that I may have figured out why it isn't covered under the formulary.  And it's not likely I can do anything about it. <sigh>

If you decide to switch to the Allerject, I recommend you make sure your policy covers it first (unless you are willing to pay for it yourself.)

Offline Ciel

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 04:43:48 PM »
The difference is likely the dispensing fee. May I ask which pharmacy you use? I've thought about trying Costco but I am at the pharmacy several times per month and the convenience of my neighbourhood Shoppers won out. Even the slightly lower rate at Loblaws wasn't enough to make me switch because I don't find their service or staff to be comparable to Shoppers, which is something I need right now.  It hurts to see the difference in black and white though, especially when I multiply it per prescription. Ouch.

I understand what you are saying about knowing/not knowing what to do, I just meant that sometimes I read things and feel like a dim bulb... To be honest, I didn't know anything about the/a formulary until reading this post. My heart is willing to help though, if or when there is something we can do.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »
The only reason I learned anything about the formulary is because my insurance policy is based on it.  If something is covered under the provincial formulary, our policy covers it at 90%.  If the formulary does not cover it, our policy covers it at a much lower percentage.

This has lead me to have to look things up sometimes because if something is not covered, I first have to check the formulary, then sometimes try to find something comparable that is covered.

I'll pm you about the pharmacy.