FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Easter Candy  (Read 10335 times)

Description:

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Easter Candy
« on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
I found Sour Patch Bunnies (made by Kraft, but made in Canada), Hershey's individual chocolate bunnies (addicted), and milk chocolate covered marshmallow eggs so far.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Easter Candy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »
Bump
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline candyguru

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:19:38 PM »
I found Sour Patch Bunnies (made by Kraft, but made in Canada), Hershey's individual chocolate bunnies (addicted), and milk chocolate covered marshmallow eggs so far.

I found lots too.  Hershey kisses and caramel kisses (purple, pink foil) ...  Hershey colour foil wrapped chocolate eggs, Hershey Eggies (candy coated chocolate eggs), some of the Hershey Chocolate bunnies are safe.. always check labels just in case

Also many Kinder bunnies and eggs have peanut-free logos (however, I think these are banned in the USA --- and assault rifles are permitted.. huh?  ???)

For those in Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart has a large selection of peanut free Easter chocolate.

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 10:29:58 PM »
We've bought (other than peanut free planet and vnf goodies)  hershey candy coated chocolate eggs, hershey bunnies, egg shaped peppermint patties, whopper eggs, gimbal's jelly beans.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline bleh

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 07:20:22 AM »

I found lots too.  Hershey kisses and caramel kisses (purple, pink foil) ...  Hershey colour foil wrapped chocolate eggs, Hershey Eggies (candy coated chocolate eggs), some of the Hershey Chocolate bunnies are safe.. always check labels just in case

Also many Kinder bunnies and eggs have peanut-free logos (however, I think these are banned in the USA --- and assault rifles are permitted.. huh?  ???)

For those in Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart has a large selection of peanut free Easter chocolate.

Those kinder eggs are awesome. Stupid US ban... Apparently someone in the US is allowed to sell a similar product because their toy container has a large ridge all the way around that sticks out of the chocolate. I can't find any allergen info on their site and the nutrition label doesn't load so I'll probably give them a call.

http://www.chocotreasure.com/
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Offline Jessica

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »
chocotreasure is not safe for nut allergies. I found it on their site somewhere.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »
Swedish Fish Eggs - Very funny!  Very cute!  and Very yummy!  Well, I had to taste them!  They are in mini bags so they and pastel Sixlet packets now fill my Easter Egg Hunt Eggs.

Offline bleh

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »
Here's the link:
http://www.chocotreasure.com/nutrition.jpg

Weird, I can't get that page to load. Oh well. Guess I don't have to call them now. Thanks!

Swedish Fish Eggs - Very funny!  Very cute!  and Very yummy!  Well, I had to taste them!  They are in mini bags so they and pastel Sixlet packets now fill my Easter Egg Hunt Eggs.

I will have to find some of those swedish fish eggs as my daughter loves swedish fish.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:59:37 AM by bleh »

Offline EmilyAnn

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 02:26:16 PM »
are Starburst jelly beans safe?

I went to Target today to buy candy for my kids Easter baskets. I read the lables on everything but I just wanted to check here too. I bought Hershey's milk chocolate bunnies (6 pack, 1.2 oz each) Hershey's milk chocolate covered marshmallow eggs (6 pack, .95 oz each) Hershey's milk chocolate eggs, Whoppers Robins Eggs, Starburst jelly beans, starburts wrapped candiys, and fruity tootsie rolls. None of these had any kind of warning on them at all, and I think I have read about them all being safe on various nut-free mom blogs.
Mommy to David age 5 1/2 allergic to cats, dogs, pollen, dust, mold, peanuts, tree nuts, beans, and peas and suffering from severe eczema and 3 other little boys with no know allergies

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 02:48:28 PM »
Emily Ann, we always buy Starburst Jelly Beans.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:50:13 PM by PurpleCat »

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 02:50:53 PM »
I will have to find some of those swedish fish eggs as my daughter loves swedish fish.

I found them at Target a couple weeks ago in the Easter section.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 04:15:17 PM »
Maybe this will work:

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline bleh

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 09:42:55 AM »

I found them at Target a couple weeks ago in the Easter section.

Went to Target the other day and found the swedish fish eggs. Thanks! My daughter loves how they have a fish in with the eggs as well.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
Oh wow. I need to do this.  I haven't done anything.  Nada.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts