Kroger grocery- Virginia beach Bluebell ice cream

Started by joshsmom, March 22, 2013, 07:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshsmom

They have started carrying Bluebell ice cream! Not sure if it is all stores, but a friend told me about VA Beach.

Macabre

It is in a 90 mile radius from Richmond and from Suffolk.

You know, each and every time I went to the gro store when we lived in Virginia--for five yeArs--I would check. Because I am a person who lives in hope of wonderful things happening. Every. Time. 

This is just cruel irony. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

maeve

"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Jessica

So all non nut bluebell is safe or just the homemade vanilla? Any other flavors? Walmart and at least one other grocery store here has it. I hate that it has HFCS in it though.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Macabre

Yeah, I wish they'd lose that.

I do not make the assumption about non-nut. I make that assumption about HV. It is run 24/7. DH has personally watched them remove each piece of equipment for sterilizing (he didn't watch the entire process but a bit of it) but we've talked to them about it fairly often--though not in two years.

What our family buys and lets DS eat: HV, Dutch Chocolate, Cookies and Cream (they make their own cookies--and also for the ice cream sandwiches), and fruit flavors based on HV: peach and strawberry. Those are sometimes made in another BB plant. But DS has been fine with them.

IMMV

Macabre

I buy buttered pecan for myself and only use a certain scoop that can go through the dishwasher. dS is not allergic to pecans, so I'm not concerned about risk to him from my eating it. But they can't guarantee their pecans are PF

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview