epi carrier option

Started by becca, February 19, 2013, 01:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

This is one I have no heard of, so I thought I would share.  They have many types of belts, not specifically for epi.  I saw it mentioned at a diabetic site I visit, for meters, and supplies.  It is called SPIbelt  You can google it as I am no longer clear on the rules for posting commercial links.  It looks like a possible useful item for some of us, but you have to look through the different offerings to suit your needs(epis, or epi and inhalers, etc...). 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

rebekahc

Regular members are always welcome to post links to products of interest to our community.  The rules haven't changed.   Businesses (and those posting self-promotional links) should follow the rules posted in the commercial section.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

becca

Thanks Rebekah.  I post at two other forums and at least one has a strict no commercial links *at all* rule.  When I jump around, I just lose track of what is okay where. 

Anyway, it looked like a worthwhile product for some folks here. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Macabre

Glad you posted this becca. Several here have used it--it's a great and low profile option. DS went through a couple of them. We did find the hinge on the Epi case top rubbed a hole in it, but DS sewed reinforcement inside. But actually he just wanted to do that, lol. I also found that chopping off the finger of a $1 stretchy glove and slipping it over the end of the case worked.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

MandCmama

I noticed that the onespot allergy belts sre really just spi belts with a different strap on them.  Onespot no loner sells them, but spi now has a logo free strap option.  We had the same problem with the wear on the pouch from the epi case...with auvi-q this no longer seems to be an issue  :thumbsup:
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview