FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: gas x??  (Read 4019 times)

Description:

Offline nonuteen

gas x??
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:02 PM »
Is this safe?

twinturbo

Re: gas x??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:44:03 AM »
I haven't tried it with the kids although both had Mylicon occasionally as infants. I believe simethicone is the active ingredients in both. It breaks surface tension of gas bubbles if I remember correctly.

Allergy related abdominal stuff or the regular stuff?

Offline nonuteen

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:24:38 AM »
I don't think it is allergy related. Just run of the mill gas:)  although she seems to be having a lot of belly issues this year.

The main ingredient is simethicone 125 mg
 Inactive ing:  D&C yellow #10, edible ink, FD&C 10, FD&C Blue 1, REd #40, gelatin, glycerin, peppermint oil, purified water, sorbitol special and titanium dioxide.

it is the Kroger generic brand.  I tried to call them but they said they would have the nutritionist call back but it's been 24 hours with no call back and my dd is miserable.

Wondered if anyone used the regular gas x safely with PA/TNA?

Offline nonuteen

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 07:51:01 AM »
And if not Gas X is there a different gas relief product that is safe to use?  Any recommendations?

Offline nonuteen

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 08:00:22 AM »
Well, customer support for Novartis stunk (for name brand GAS X)!!  Basically read me the ingredient list and said "well, it doesn't show any nut ingredients but we have no way of checking further.  Our best recommendation would be to contact your pharmacist".  REALLY???

Offline nonuteen

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »
I don't think it is allergy related. Just run of the mill gas:)  although she seems to be having a lot of belly issues this year.

The main ingredient is simethicone 125 mg
 Inactive ing:  D&C yellow #10, edible ink, FD&C 10, FD&C Blue 1, REd #40, gelatin, glycerin, peppermint oil, purified water, sorbitol special and titanium dioxide.

it is the Kroger generic brand.  I tried to call them but they said they would have the nutritionist call back but it's been 24 hours with no call back and my dd is miserable.

Wondered if anyone used the regular gas x safely with PA/TNA?

SIX MONTHS!! later and the Kroger nutritionist calls me back yesterday to let me know there are no nuts, oils or nut derivatives in the Kroger brand Gas X.  Thankfully, since it is 6 mos. later , this issue has been resolved but I guess still good to know for the future.  Geesh...