Shortening

Started by hk, March 01, 2013, 12:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hk

What brand of shortening do you use?  I have used Earth Balance for years, but can no longer find it in the grocery stores in my area.  DD's birthday is coming up and I need some for the frosting and fondant on her cake.  Thank you!

Jessica

If I do use shortening (which is rare) I use crisco. We only avoid peanut and tree nuts though.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

PurpleCat

MaryM

Between 3 of us we are pa, tna, milk & egg allergic.  I use crisco.  When you get a chance could you post your fondant recipe??

hk

Quote from: MaryM on March 01, 2013, 08:58:39 AM
Between 3 of us we are pa, tna, milk & egg allergic.  I use crisco.  When you get a chance could you post your fondant recipe??

I will post it when I get home.  It's on the Wilton web site though (funny since I don't use Wilton products).  It's called marshmallow fondant.  It's pretty easy (a bit messy though), turns out great and is actually delicious.  Will post later.

Jessica

I'd like to find a pourable fondant recipe that is easy. Where you can dip your cupcakes in it and then the coating hardens on the cupcakes.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview