FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Peanut/Tree Nut Allergy

Sources for (tree)NUT-free peanuts

(1/5) > >>

ajasfolks2:
If allergic to tree nuts but NOT to peanut and need peanuts that are NOT X-contam with tree nuts . . .

If doing food challenge in physician's office and need peanuts not X-contam with tree nuts . . .

Then this thread is for you.

Soooo -- anyone have a source for these?

Wondering if there may be ORGANIC peanuts that fit this no-Xcontam-with-nut restriction?

ajasfolks2:
Thanks to FB group Peanut Anaphylaxis Cure (closed group) for this resource:

Hampton Farms  http://www.hamptonfarms.com/
Only peanuts.

hezzier:
My DS says thank you!  Next Christmas, he can have regular haystacks!  Might just have to order some now and make them.

Ok, this may be too good to be true, I see one product of concern:  almond butter

I had to look up the difference between butter toffee and english toffee.

Do you have any more information on this company?

ajasfolks2:
Hezz, I don't.  I was given the name from group at Facebook (same one that gave me list for the pn-free treenuts).

Something I've never done is CALL a peanut butter manufacturer to find out which of those brands are OK for "just nut allergic" child.  Need to spend half a day on the phone, I'm sure . . . anyone else done this yet?

If Kid #2 is not allergic to PN, then she needs to privately eat to maintain and be OK with it.

hezzier:
Yes, I will have to call, but my baking days in this house are pretty much over (flooring & painting next week, house on market week after, can't exactly be in the middle of huge batch of cookies and get the call for a showing).  So it will have to wait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version