FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Schools and Food Allergies

He doesn't need a 504 - an IHP will act as his 504

<< < (2/4) > >>

ajasfolks2:
Begin Page 6, original thread

TwoDDs 3/16/2011

--- Quote ---Great stuff here!  I'm glad eggallergymom got the benefit of all of this.
--- End quote ---

Mfamom 6/9/2011

--- Quote ---raise Yellow
--- End quote ---

yellow 6/9/2011

--- Quote ---Thanks but I honestly do not have time to read it. I have to write a paper tonight and make a power point presentation for tomorrow morning. Then I have a major licensing exam to study for that I am taking Sat morning. this is the last thing I needed to deal with right now... ugh

I need quick things from other sites. I do not want to give the district this board.
--- End quote ---

Mfamom 6/9/2011

--- Quote ---Well, the first post has some good information. 

--- End quote ---

CMdeux 6/9/2011

--- Quote ---Gotcha.  Now that the thread is raised, though-- there may well be some links up front.

Because this was one of those where Stinky's school originally said "oh, he doesn't NEED a 504 plan, so we'll just do an IHCP instead."

That's why it came to mind.  Because I'm pretty sure that she combatted that line of reasoning with precisely the tools (and approach) you'll need.
--- End quote ---

CMdeux 6/9/2011

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---Hey artlvr--I've shamelessly posted it in several places. ;)

Here you go:

OCR Ruling on 504 Ineligibility--Gloucester
<Link edited to new FAS board link by ajasfolks2>

I'll have to go back and see if it mentions IHP specifically . . . .
--- End quote ---

There's one.  It's also at Wrightslaw, btw.  A nice FA parent gave them a copy.   ;)

Saluda is another reference that may be useful and pertinent.

(I'll look to see if we still have a link to that one here.)

--- End quote ---

CMdeux 6/9/2011

--- Quote ---The letter that Stinky used (complete with references and nicely crisp verbiage to the SD attorney and 504 team) is on page 3 of this thread, yellow.  It's several posts, and I don't know if she is okay with it being quoted.

(But that wouldn't stop me from dropping it into a word document, reformatting, and hitting print, KWIM?)

--- End quote ---

Stinky 8/23/2011

--- Quote ---Stinky here - back to get info for upcoming school meeting...

---we got his IHP in the mail....NO mention of a 504.  LOL. 

<they don't know me very well - do they?>

anyone is welcome to use any of the information that I posted on this thread!
--- End quote ---

CMdeux 8/23/2011

--- Quote ---Oh dear, Stinky...

should I wish you THEM luck?  (I think that you're more than capable of making your OWN luck, as it happens...)  :yes:
--- End quote ---

ajasfolks2 9/12/2011

--- Quote ---Some excellent discussion in this thread:

http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/20025

--- End quote ---

<<Moderator note -- I'll have to work to pull that thread's content, if not here, and then link to our board here.  Out of time tonite. ~ajasfolks2

ETA -- That link is to the thread started by Gail on 9/10/2011 titled
AllergicChild blog post re: 504 >>

END PAGE 6 and original thread!!

Macabre:
bump

ajasfolks2:
Couldn't get the USDA link (buried above) to work --

here is link (poss update) again

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/special_dietary_needs.pdf

Actual form is page 34 / 35 in the .pdf

ajasfolks2:
Moved this topic to the regular SCHOOLS BOARD and stickied it for now.

Just too many questions I'm seeing at Facebook and getting from folks in own community as to LTFA and 504s . . . plus it is beginning of school year and parents are trying to understand what to do and how as they are face-first in the fire hose of school start up right now.

ajasfolks2:
And WELCOME to any newbies reading this thread . . . and waving 'Hey' to old-timers who are reviewing and helping others!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version