FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Son with 12 different food allergies  (Read 3330 times)

Description:

Offline parag3877

Son with 12 different food allergies
« on: March 15, 2013, 01:24:52 PM »
Hello All,

I just joined group and trying to learn more from other parents. I have 31/2 yr old son with 12 different food allergies. (Egg, Milk, Soy, Peanut, Almond, Wheat, Rice, Sesame, Beef, Ginger, Garlic, and Legume). Just trying to learn from other parents and share of our stories about how to face challenges. Also, would like to learn about how to participate in clinical study to help with some allergies.

Thanks

Offline eragon

Re: Son with 12 different food allergies
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »
welcome, quite a lot of us have long lists, and some of us are parents of older children, so will do our best to support you.
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
Wow, that's a long list. :( I'm sorry. To clarify, your son is 3 and a half right?
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:41:46 AM »
The first step is confirming that that long list is based on reactions and not tests alone.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
Welcome!

Some of those allergens are on my DD's long list.  We've been at this for many years.  It is hardest when they are very young.

You will find lots of good advice and information here.

Offline yelloww

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 07:29:27 AM »
Welcome! My son had a long list at that age also. He outgrew a number of them by age 5- not the most severe ones, but getting wheat, rice, and soy back made a huge difference in our lives.

Offline parag3877

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 11:24:53 AM »
Yes, my son is 3 years and six months old. Majority of my son's allergies are "eosinophilic esophagitis" rather than "immediate hypersensitivity". He has few with immediate hypersensitivity also. Some of the allergies are based on test, while some on reaction.

twinturbo

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »
You may want to start a thread on this in the main forum. Use "EE" in the title so you can get the right eyes on it to get the appropriate support.